Sunday, June 22, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025

  • Sunday church was pretty smooth.
  • Elder Esikia spoke and goes home next Saturday
  • Lyris Davis spoke on fearing God
  • Harvey showed up but didn't stick around
  • My brother Bevin visiting my sister Tanya
  • Interviewed Mohamad Joseph for temple recommend and Priesthood advancement
  • Benjamin Joseph always asking for stuff from the church
  • Confirmed Anette Valcin today

Church went pretty smooth today. Shomario is conducting this month. He got his speakers but I think he got them late. The fact that Maya Jn Paul spoke would make me think that he probably hadn't got his speakers and asked her Saturday night. He asked Elder Esikia to speak and I gave him that suggestion on Saturday so I'm assuming he hadn't got his speakers yet. Elder Esikia spoke on how he decided to go on a mission. He also asked Lyris Davis to speak. She spoke on how we must fear God which is a little bit of an odd topic but she had really prepared it well. It was OK but I need to make sure my counselors give the speakers good topics to speak on.

Shomario was awesome quite late for church but he text me and said Don't start without him. Guess he got up early and went into work and came back home and laid down and fell asleep and didn't wake up until he was almost late. He got there about 10 after. I would like to start on time because if we keep starting late people start coming later and I want them to try to come at least a little bit on time.

Harvey showed up at church today and was looking for a handout of course. I told him to come into church but he said he had to run and get something that would be right back. He didn't come back until after church was over. The members don't really like Harvey very well they don't trust him and thinks he is dangerous. Whenever he comes a few members always stay until he leaves because they think he might cause trouble. I told him to call me when he finds a place to live. When he said he had a place for $500 I told him I would pay half if he can come up with half. His mother Linda told me she was going to send him money so he could get the apartment. She sends him money but he never puts it towards an apartment he just spends it.

I called my brother Bevin tonight to visit with him and he was on a road trip and had gone up to my sister Teresa's and then on up to visit my other sister Tanya. That's where he was when I called and they were just going to dinner at Tanya's daughter Jenna. So we had a short visit and that was it.

I guess one other thing is that Benjamin Joseph comes to church but he is a little different and every time he comes he wants me to give him something from the church. Today was a speaker and I told him I couldn't give that to him. The bad part was that Corey told him he could have it. Corey didn't have the authority to tell him he could have it and Benjamin was upset that I wouldn't give it to him. I told Benjamin it belongs to the church and I can't just give things away like that even though he thinks I can. Anyway he went home mad.

The other thing I did today was interview Mohamed Joseph to be made an elder and to get a temple recommend. The recommend is a limited use recommend because he can't go to the temple until he's been baptized a year and I think he's only been baptized for 4 or five months now. He has been a real stalwart and even though he sometimes has to work on Sunday he still tries to make it to church. It's kind of funny he comes in a taxi because that's what he does is drives taxi for someone. I think as he learns the gospel though he is gonna be a strong member in the church, that is if he stays active. But so far he's been very good. Was actually trying to hook him up with Rosa who is a return missionary and really doesn't have a chance of marrying anybody but when I mentioned it to Rosa she wasn't too keen on the idea. I guess I should keep my nose Out of other people's business but we really need some married couples in the branch and I'm pushing anybody I can if I think there's a possibility of marriage.

Ohh, the other thing we did in Sacrament meeting was confirmed Anette a member of the church and gave her the Holy Ghost. She is a real fireball and very excited about the church I hope she is going to stick with it. 

We sure are baptizing a lot of women and no men although we did have a friend of the sister missionaries who was a man and actually had his own car and seems to be somewhat successful come to church. He came to our priesthood meeting and Benjamin and Darren got into a discussion about Devils and demons so I'm not sure what he thought about all of it. Hopefully he just got felt the spirit if there was one there and I'm sure there is when we were talking about other good things and we spent a good deal of time talking about the Holy Ghost and its purpose so hopefully that's stuck out more than the Devils and Demons.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025