Monday, March 25, 2024

 Monday, March 25, 2024

  • Preach my gospel studies
  • Moved to a hotel
  • Gage Johnson
  • Missionary discussion
More snow today


Preach my Gospel
I am reading in chapter 6 - Seek Christlike attributes. In 3 Nephi 27:27 the Savior challenges us to become like him. In order to do that we must understand his attributes and get them in our life so we can really become like Him. One way to become like Him is to seek after him  and we get these attributes through their grace (Ether 12:41). D&C 6:36 tells us that we must look to Him in every thought without doubt or fear. We must be willing to acknowledge our weakness and be humble (Ether 12:27) to allow Christ make weak things become strong. As Mosiah 3:19 teaches us that we must become as a child or have Child like faith in Christ in order to be taught by the power of the Holy Ghost.

We have moved from the MTC to a hotel for the second week to make room for new couples coming in today. I feel a little bad about that for a couple (no pun intended) of reasons. First, there is a spirit on the MTC grounds that gives a feeling of peace by just being there. I guess we will just have to take it back with us to the hotel. The second reason I miss it is they have a very good exercise facility and I was going down every other day and working out. Got to stay in shape you know.

Today we did more roll play in our classes. I continue to battle back to keep from getting a cold. I felt pretty lousy today and it really kills your motivation to participate. I guess this cold has made me a little angry, not at anyone particular, but just angry that I am sick when I am trying to learn as much as I can to be more like Jesus Christ. Anyway we are pushing through it.

We have two major things going on this week. One is to speak with a young adult. It is just to visit with them for what ever amount of time the spirit directs us. We have to pick the young adult. We decided on Gage Johnson, he is my brother Bevin's grandson and is inactive. I have contacted him through a text, but he has not replied. I hope he does, but we are on a time crunch so if he does not we have others we have been thinking about.

The other assignment is that we (and when I say we, I mean Tina and me) will be teaching a missionary lesson to an investigator. I think it will be roll play, but the situation is true. We spent the evening working on a teaching plan.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025