Saturday, March 23, 2024
Saturday, March 23, 2024
- Laundry and Tina sick
- Manti Temple open house
- Butterfinger Malt shake from the Malt Shop
- Study of "Preach My Gospel"
Today we got up and I went down to the exercise room and worked out. I have been trying to do that every other day. So far so good.
Tina has been really sick with a cold the last 3 or 4 days. I think she got it from our granddaughter Lettie. She had a cough when we were at her house. I have felt it coming on, but have really been battling it with Air-born and IB Profen. I can feel it, but it has not progressed into a full blown cold like Tina.
![]() |
| This is how Tina or should I say Sister Johnson has been feeling |
After we finished the laundry we headed to Manti Utah to go to the Manti Temple open house. It was a nice drive and took about an hour and a half. Tina slept the entire way. She took some nighttime cold medicine and couldn't wake up. Anyway we got there about 1:30pm and the first thing we noticed was a very long line outside the temple. No worries I though because the lines usually move pretty fast. Well I guess this one didn't. I stopped and ask a guy directing traffic how long it is taking to get into the temple. He said, if you don't have a ticket, which we did not, it is about 4 hours. I thought that might be a bit of an execration so I ask a lady that was coming out of the temple and she said she had been in line since 9:30 this morning and the lines are longer. Even though I really wanted to go in, we settled for a picture (below).
![]() |
| The Manti Temple open house |
Well if you can't do the best thing and get into the temple we did the next best thing and stopped in Ephrem Utah at the "Malt Shop" and I bought a Butterfinger malt shake. It was delicious. The only problem was that Tina managed to get enough strength to eat half of it which was a little disappointing, because I got a medium because I thought she wouldn't 1. like it because it has malt in it and she hates malted milk balls, and 2. wouldn't feel like eating ice cream. At any rate it was really good and would recommend the Butterfinger malt to anyone. Just make sure in advance that you find out first how much your wife is going to eat so you know what size to get.
![]() |
| Elder Johnson eating what is left of the Butterfinger malt shake. |
I have been reading the Preach My Gospel" manual and am in chapter 5 about the Book of Mormon. It is amazing how focused the Book of Mormon is on Jesus Christ. It has been really neat to study in the environment of the MTC. There is a feeling of peach here and you can really feel the spirit. I am enjoying it.



Comments
Post a Comment