Tue/Fri March 19-22, 2024


March 19-22, 2024
  • Good Book of Mormon scriptures
  • Elder and Sister Burton from Ivan's
  • Valery and Mickey Edlefsen from Fillmore Utah
  • Tom and Terri Stillwaugh from Callas, Idaho
  • Dinner with Tina's sister Gayle and Andy
  • Pictures
Who is Jesus Christ?

1Nephi 13:40 page 27
2 Nephi 25:19 page 99
Jacob 4:15-16 page 125
Alma 6:8 page 223
Helaman 5:9 page 337
Mormon 9:13 page 485
3 Nephi 9:15 page 425
3 Nephi 11:10-17 page 428
Ether 3:14 page 493
Ether 12:41 page 511
Moroni 9:26 page 528 

Life's Questions answered

What has God ever done for me?
2 Nephi 9:19-22 pg. 74, Mosiah 2:21-25 pg. 149 & 3:7 & 16:3-9 pg. 152

What physical evidence do we have of God's existence?
Alma 30:37-44 pg. 283, 2 Nephi 2:13-14 pg. 58

Has anyone actually seen God?
2 Nephi 11:2-3 pg. 80, Ether 12:38-39 pg. 511

What is the purpose of life?
2 Nephi 2:25 pg. 59, Alma 12:24 pg. 239 & 34:30-34 pg. 295

What happens to us when we die?
Alma 40:11-14 pg. 308

Life isn't always fair, will God ever right all the wrongs? (Mormon 8:40-41 pg.
Alma 7:12-13 pg. 306 & 39:8 &41:14-15 pg. 311, 3 Nephi 12:3-12 pg. 431, Mosiah 29:12 pg. 204, Ether 12:4 pg. 509)

Why does God sometimes allow bad things to happen to good people?
Alma 14:8-13 pg. 244 & 60:13 pg. 359, Helaman 12:2-3 pg. 396 & 15:3 pg.

If there is a God, why are there so many wars?
(2 Nephi 5:25 pg. 67, Mosiah 12:2 pg. 170, Helaman 6:17-30 pg. 382, Ether 8:23-26 pg. 501)

Are we saved by grace, by works, or by both?
2 Nephi 25:23 pg. 99

I'm just one person, what small difference could I possibly make?
Alma 37:6-7 pg. 300 & 32:22-23 pg.289 & 10:22-23 pg. 233, Helaman 13:12-14 pg. 398

The above scriptures came from a Book of Mormon loaned to us as part of a teaching roleplay and challenge that we read 3 Nephi 11:10-17 by tomorrow. I wanted to include the other scriptures that were included on the paper that was in the Book of Mormon they gave us to read.

I just did a reload, thinking I was reloading google photo's but reloaded this and I had a boat load of writing that I just lost. It even prompted me, asking if I was sure I wanted to refresh the page but I thought it was a prompt for google photos. I have tried to recover it to no avail. Very frustrating. I am going to try and rewrite it, but it won't be to the detail that I first wrote it.

Tina and I in one of the MTC buildings with the snowy mountain and the Provo Temple (going to be tore down shortly.

Just a quick recap of what I lost. 

We have met some good friends here. Elder and Sister Burton from Ivans Utah, That is over by Santa Clara. 

For the past week we have been studying the new Preach My Gospel manual and doing roll play in the class room and being paired up with another couple, Valery and Mickey Edlefsen. They are from Fillmore Utah and are supper nice. We have taught them and they have taught us. It has been interesting and tears have been shed as we teach each other and share personal experiences. They are a really nice couple, but have a sad situation in their family. They have a daughter that is a returned missionary and married a return missionary in the temple. According to them, the husband is abusive, but the daughter has stayed in the marriage and they have moved away from their family and don't want to have anything to do with them. The have not spoke for many years, in fact they have two grandchildren and the oldest is 22 and they have never met them. We have included them in our prayers that this situation might resolve itself at some point. We really like the Edlefsen's. 

Another couple we have went to the Provo temple and out to dinner with are Tom and ? Stillwaugh. They to are a really nice couple and are from Calles Idaho. They told us they have 4 boys who are all inactive. 

I should say at this point that one of the promises that they have made to us here at the Missionary Training Center is that because of our willingness to serve missions that angels will be assigned to each of our children and unseen blessings will come to our them and grandchildren because of our service. I think there are a lot of senior's here who are hanging their hat on that promise and are going to serve with all their heart, might, mind and strength to see that promise fulfilled.

We did have a sad event the other day, One of the single sisters here on a mission found out that her 40 year old grandson was found dead in his basement. Apparently he was down lifting weights by himself and the weight came down on his chest or something and he suffocated. She was pretty shook up, but was going to stay on her mission. We had a chance to visit with here and express our condolences.

This evening Tina's sister Gayle and her husband Andy came and picked us up and took us out to dinner at a nice steak house. The food was amazing and we had a nice evening visiting. They are going to take us to the airport next Friday. A redeye flight out at 11:59 PM Friday night.

Below is a picture of the group of seniors that we came into the MTC with. 

This picture is of Tina and I in one of the MTC builds with snow covered mountains in the background and also the Old Provo Temple which is scheduled to be tore down shortly. The temple is just above and to the right of Tina's head



This is a picture that is in one of the rooms and was in the Washington DC temple before they did a renovation on it a year or so ago. Pretty massive, the picture, not me.😁

They have some really amazing murals here that are not displayed anywhere else but here. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025