Wednesday, March 27, 2024
Wednesday, March 27, 2024
- Family History training
- Mock family teaching
- Talking with a Young Adult (Corbin Jessop)
- Mission languages taught in Mission Training Center
No Snow today and warmer than it has been.
We found the exercise room yesterday and we made a commitment to get up early and go do some. We did and it sure makes you feel good.
Today our morning training was related to family history. They have a bunch of little functions when working on family history that allow you to do little things like find out how you are related to people around you, or what country does your name come from and many more. They are things that you could use when out in public and trying to strike up a conversation with someone. They are almost like games and make it fun to know a little about your history.
We did our final roll play today, halleluiah. I can see the purpose of roll play, but I do not enjoy it. Probably good though because it takes you out of your comfort zone. We had two assignments that we finished today. The first was they have each couple do a teaching to a person they have come in and she could be a member or not a member. I guess you could call them an actor. Anyway, our persons name was Katherine, and Tina and I decided to teach her about Christ coming to the American continent after his resurrection and teaching the people. And because this weekend is Easter we wanted to invite her to our special Easter sacrament meeting. She also has a daughter, 2 year old, that she wants to raise in a Christian environment. So we also taught her that at the time Christ was there angels came down and administered to the children. I think it went over pretty well and she accepted our invitation to come to church.
This evening after our teaching the second assignment was to call and visit with some young adult. We first chose my nephew's son who I believe is not active in the church. Unfortunately, he did not respond to my text. It was not supposed to be a missionary conversation per sae, but just a visit. I think he thought we would be preaching to him. Anyway, we have a neighbor, Dave Jessop who has a son that went on a mission and came home early. He is a good kid and I think has some small personal challenges that made focusing on a mission hard. He has stayed active and even worked in the temple. We had a great visit with him and found out what was going on in his life. He is going back East to do pest control sales. Whoever is behind this really has tapped into the return missionary force. Tanner and Sam both tried it one summer and found out they were not good sales man.
![]() |
| All the languages taught at the Mission Training Center in Provo Utah |

Comments
Post a Comment