Friday, April 12, 2024

Friday, April 12, 2024


Today was very busy, After exercising, individual and companion scripture study and some planning we got out of the house and headed to Darren Barbe's home. Actually he doesn't really have a home, he lives in a small shipping container with no power, water or plumbing. It is just a box to live in. I don't know if he pays anything to stay in it. He lives close to a sister in the branch Rouchell Raphael and I think she helps him out. They are at least friends and I think Darren works for Rouchell. Anyway the purpose of going to Darren's was to pick him up to take him to the foot doctor. He has a somewhat crippled foot with corns that he has cut off every month. It is about $250 XEC dollars. I paid for his visit with church Fast Offerings. 

I had been to see Darren before and I marked his location on Google maps so I could find it when I need to go back and pick him up. Well there was a wreck which made us late and when we got close to his house we realized the the pin was no longer taking us to his house but some other random place. We had a heck of a time finding him. We finally called the young sister missionaries, Sister Avery Anne Stephenson and Uinise  Finau Taulua and they sent me a pin of their actual address. We found him and got Darren to the doctor late, but time is not that important here and he got right in.

After we finished with that we headed out to Yohan Pierre's home. He need us to help him pick up some cement for his house. For some reason all the pins I saved in Google maps are all wrong. This is a problem since I was using them to find people later. I finally figured out when he lived and we picked him up. We went and picked up 5 bag's of cement and took it to his house. Yohan lives on a steep hill side and we had to hand pack it up the hill to his house. Everything that comes to his house is hand carried to his house. There was a pile of gravel, block and a pile of sand that looked like it was dumped by a dump truck, but Yohan said it was all packed up by him and the young missionaries. These people work hard

This is the area around Yohan's house

The last thing we had to do was try and get Allen Smith to a doctor, he is a young member of the ward and seems to suffer from some mental problem and takes medication to control it. Anyway I met with him yesterday and he was hard to understand. I called him about going to the doctor and he sounded much better and didn't feel like he needed to go anymore. He said a food order would be helpful, so we did that.

We got some good rain storms tonight. They had karaoke night at the church tonight, but we didn't go. I had paperwork to take care of and we were just tired. The landlord of our apartment and lives in Florida called tonight and we talked for about an hour. She wanted to make sure we are comfortable and everything is working ok. She is from here and will be out here in October for a month.

We have met Mary who is the maid and cleans the house once a week. We also met Ira who is the grounds keeper. Both do their job's very well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025