Friday, April 26, 2024

Friday, April 26, 2024

  • Helped Yohan exchange doors
  • Took Jane to the eye doctor
  • Called Celina George as Young Women's president
  • Praying for driving protection

This morning during companion scripture study Tina and I were discussing things from Mosiah 1-3. We got a phone call from Sister Justina DeBeauville. She calls just to give us encouragement. She is a very kind lady. Turns out we just included her in our scripture study on service. She had some good comments. 

This morning we went over to Yohan's to exchange some doors that he had purchased. They were to small and he wanted to trade them out for some bigger one's. We got that done and then we had to go up and pick up Jane Nurse a member of our branch and take her to the eye doctor. She has diabetes and she has had to have part of one of her legs cut off. We took her and her daughter-in-law and grandson with us. She is still nursing the grandson and they do it a little different over here than at home. They just pull their shirt down and start feeding their baby. Well, while we were waiting in the doctor office I was visiting with the daughter-in-law and her son was hungry, so she just pulled her top down, exposing everything to me, but just kept on talking like nothing was going on and started feeding her son. Well I was caught off guard and was looking at everything but her while we visited. 

We were at the doctors office for a very long time and they finally came out and told us the machine to look an Jane's eyes broke and we would have to come back. Well, we had been there for over two hours by this time. So that was a little frustrating. We were all hungry so we stopped at Dominos pizza, one of the few American food places over here and ordered a pizza. 

This evening I interviewed Sister C George and called her to be the young womens president. She was very surprised by the call and was not expecting it at all. She has the feel of a righteous sister and has been to the temple. I told her that what we need is a temple faithful sister that is a light and example for good to the young women of the ward. She took the list of young women home with her and is praying about counselors. (I hope). 

It was the elders quorum's turn to clean the church, but there were a bunch of us at the church because of game and Karaoke night. We decided to clean it then so we wouldn't have to come back tomorrow so we did.

One of the things we pray for every time we leave the apartment is protection. Not only for us, but for our truck. We pray that we will be alert and those around us will be aware of us. Well, we seen that prayer answered today. We were coming up a very narrow road and there was a car in the way, they park anywhere, and I was going to go around it, so I was in the other lane. We do this all the time to get around car's. Anyway as we were coming up to the car another car was came around the corner at a high rate of speed, so fast that I could not see anyway of him not hitting me. I moved as far as I could to my side of the road and braced for him to hit us, but he didn't. I don't know how he didn't, but he didn't. I attribute it to our prayer to our Father in Heaven to protect us and our vehicle. We were very grateful.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025