Saturday, April 13, 2024

Saturday, April 13, 2024


Saturday, April 13, 2024

  • Our first real P-Day
  • Tina driving
  • To the beach
  • Rodney Bay Marina

Today we took a P-Day. We got going not to early. I picked some guava's and I made some juice. It turned out good, but I guess I am not a real guava fan. It is ok. I also made French Toast for breakfast with whole grain bread. It was pretty good, would have been better with white bread. We bought some later in the day, so next time it will be better.

Guava Smoothie


Our Yard

I took some pictures of the yard and posted them on Facebook, everyone thinks we are on some exotic vacation, but believe you me, it is not, by any stretch. We have been working our heads off. 

 Anyway, we decided to go for a ride and take a road that we wanted to before, but it was blocked off. We started up it and a man going the other way flagged us over and told us the road was closed, but we could follow him and he would show us a different route. It did get us through, but we were worndering at times. It went up and over some mountain, on dirt roads and on narrow roads, but believe it or not we made it through. 

We ended up at a Cricket stadium they are building and they had a big parking lot and Tina wanted to practice driving on the other side of the road. So we went back and forth several times, but she still didn't want to drive on the regular roads. So I switched back to driving.

Tina practicing her driving

I was studying Google Maps and it showed a road going to a beach. Well we found it and it was not oiled, but a dirt road and not that great of one either. We had to use 4 wheel drive at some points, but believe it or not, we did pop out of the bush and there was the ocean. It was on the North East end, by a place called "The colored tents". We were the only ones there so we hung out for a bit, but Tina was getting nervous because we were back where no one else was and what if we got mugged. I did think about that a bit as we passed a couple of guys that I don't know if I would trust to much. Anyway when we came out they were gone and we got back to the oil road safely.

Driving to the Ocean
The road to the beach

The North East Beach. Very windy and lost of that stuff in the picture


We then drove to Rodney Bay and stopped at the marina. We hiked around the docks looking at the different boats. It was enjoyable. We visited with a couple of men that drove some pretty big boats. One was a fishing boat and the other a sail boat hauling a bunch of kids to do St Lucia for some type of service work. Both were real nice and visity.




Boats at Rodney Bay

We did a little shopping and then went home. It is fast Sunday tomorrow so we ate dinner and started our fast. We have a very focused fast and that is we will be able to here these people and understand their version of English. You have to listen really close to them when they speak. Sometimes it is very difficult. My hearing is pretty bad I have decided as I have to really listen and read their lips to even hope to understand what they are saying. 

Worked on some church stuff the rest of the evening

And that's the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025