Sunday, April 28, 2024
Sunday, April 28, 2024
I learned the valuable lesson today on how things work in St. Lucia. We had one of our speakers call in sick and when we started our meeting we didn't have anyone asked to say prayers. Yohan was conducting and he said that's okay. I'll just call someone out of the audience. We had three speaker scheduled. The two were done early and only took about 15 minutes so we had about 20 left. Yohan asked one of the elders to come up and bear a testimony which he did (Elder Durfey) We still had time left so Yohan called Sister D up to tell about how her son is doing on his mission in Jamaica. So I guess it all worked out.
We had 14 visitors today who were all Polynesian but were from Salt Lake City, Utah. They were celebrating their sisters 40th birthday and all came to St. Lucia for a week.
After church we had our first ward council meeting and I have learned very quickly that I'm going to have to be very pointed about what we speak about because if I don't they jump all over the place with one thing to the next and don't ever resolve anything.
Following the meeting we helped get the members who missed the buses home. I took Sister Santos home and she lives way up on a mountain in the back country.
We were feeding the Sister missionaries this afternoon so we had to hurry home and get dinner ready. They wanted a breakfast dinner so we did egg omelets. They were pretty good. We visited with them for an hour or so and then they left.
We went over to Sharon Alleyne house after they left to give her her Temple recommend she is in poor health and can't really get out too much. She does like to talk when visitors come so we were there for quite some time. We finally got home about 8:30. I don't really like driving at night because I don't like driving during the day and the night is worse. But we made it home without incident for which we were very grateful.
Comments
Post a Comment