Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Wednesday, April 10, 2024

  • Made our first real American breakfast
  • Literacy training program
  • Kevin Anderson Charles in class

We got up this morning and sister Johnson went out to the pool and did some aerobics. I got up and studied my scriptures. Was too lazy for exercise. 

After scripture study we fixed breakfast with what we had around the house. We made scrambled eggs with ham, mushrooms, onions and top them with cheese. They were really good. Oh and put tomatoes. On top of that. I have to admit I'm not a real fan of the type of food they eat here. It's okay, but everything tastes a little different than I'm used to. I'm sure the longer I am over here the better it will become to me. 

After breakfast we did companion study and had a goal setting meeting. It was fairly productive and we got most of the things done on our goal list for the day. 

We did have a few more things to buy so we went out and went shopping and picked most of them up. 

This evening, we went over to the church to support the" literacy training program" they hold at the church every Wednesday. As it turns out, there are not enough teachers that show up. So both sister Johnson and I ended up teaching a class. It looks like we are going to be permanent fixtures there at least until we can find someone else to take our place. 

My job was to evaluate new students to see what level of reading and writing they had and then determine which book they will start in. A young man named Kevin who seems to be a little slow. I thought would not do very well but I found out that he is very smart and will start at the top book. Another sister who came will start at book 3. She also is very smart but had a hard time spelling some words. It was really a special experience to work with this people and to see their desire to learn and improve their literacy. They are a very humble people and very teachable and wanting to learn more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025