Thursday, April, 18, 2024

Thursday, April 18, 2024

  • I am very sick
  • Helped Donavan Gustave
  • Sick still

 Today I woke up very sick. I had no ambition to go out and work out like I have other mornings. I did read my scriptures but that was about it. We had to be out of the house at 9:00am because Mary, the cleaning lady, was coming to clean our apartment and she likes us gone when she comes. 

I felt very bad all day and as I am writing this I still feel sick and weak. Tina said lets go to the beach and we can just relax for a bit. We went down, but I didn't have the strength to get out of the truck. So I reclined the seat and slept. Tina went for a walk on the beach. 

We got in a conversation with a young man that was telling us that he didn't need to go to church to worship god. He asked us about the scriptures and Tina ask him what his favorite scriptures were. One was Psalms 23 and I can't remember the other one. The second one she didn't know and he chastised us that we were ministers and didn't know the scriptures. We learned a valuable lesson from that experience, and that is to be prepared with some scripture when talking to these people. 

I finally texted the mission nurse and told her about my sickness that has been going on since Sunday night. She recommended some stuff so we went back to the store and picked it up.

We met a member today who called me yesterday. I guess Elder Hall promised if he took this training class to become a plumber he would help him get the tools. So we met and went to the hardware store and purchased them. It was about $600 EC money. It was a lot, but this is really the first person that I have met that seems to actually have a plan to get work. Most of the people I have been helping I see no end to their help.

I really do feel lousy so we came home and I slept most of the afternoon.

This is how bad I looked after being sick for a week


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025