Thursday, April 4, 2024

Thursday, April 4, 2024

  • Spent the day visiting members
    • Jane Nurse
    • Kelvin Felix
    • Yohan Pierre
    • Zaria Fontellio
    • Giant cruse ship
    • Clayton and Justina De Beauville
  • Moooore training
Today the Halls came and picked us up and we went down South to visit members. I think it was kind of a going away farewell for the Hall's. 

Our first stop was to see Jane Nurse who is an older lady who lives in what is almost a hut. The ward did a service project to put a new roof on her house. It is better, but still a very humble house. She has diabetes and has one of her legs cut off just below the knee. She has her son, daughter-in-law and their little son living with her in the main house. We had a good visit and she was very kind.

We next stopped at Brother Kelvin Felix' house. He is older and lives in a pretty nice house that he build himself. He is 81 and must be pretty well off as he donated 2000 EC dollars to a girl that is going on a mission. That was very generous of him. He has a wife Mary and son Simon that are also members, but they did not come out and visit with us. 

Brother Kelvin Felix

We next stopped to say hi to Yohan who is the 1st counselor in the bishopric, at his work. They were fixing up a cargo van to use to sell food out of.

Then we went to the work of Zaria Fontellio. She has a open air gift shop for tourist at Anse La Raye bay. It is really nice there and we might come back to snorkel. It is a little bit if a lower class area and could be a little unsafe. I had a beggar come up and bum a couple of dollars off me. Zaria told me not to give him money as he will only buy drugs. Her husband makes some really cool things our of some kid of gourd. I might have to get one before I go home. Zaria had two of her daughters who were young teenagers. I think it was Sasha and Jada, they have a third daughter who was not there named Tianna. Her husband who normally would be there, but was at a church service project and his name is Robert. He is working on getting the Melchizedek priesthood.

Zaria Fontellio with her back to the camera at her business
Items that her husband Robert makes

The last home we went to was the Brother Clayton and Sister Justina De Beauville. They are an older couple, he is 84, but still very active. He has don't a lot of interesting things in his life. He raise fighting cocks which I thought was interesting. He says his are the best and sell's them for a bunch of money. They fed us a small lunch and we came home.

One of Brother Felix' fighting Rooster

There was a monster cruse ship in the harbor tonight. I mean it was massive. We went back to the Halls place and did a little training and I told them I was tired and they brought us home. I'm still feeling a little nervous about the Branch President job. The ward is very poor and they give out a ton of welfare money to help them out. I have been praying with all my might that my ears will be blessed to understand these people.

Norwegian Cruse Ship


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025