Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Tuesday, April 2, 2024

  • My bad hearing
  • Going to be Branch president
  • Driving on St. Lucia
  • A little discouragement
  • Tina's cold

I guess I'll start out saying that my hearing is pretty bad. The people here speak fast and quietly and they have a accent that you have to listen very closely to to understand. I am very worried that I cannot hear and understand them. I have been praying mightily to Lord that he will bless my ears to be able to understand them when they speak to me. I have realized that because I can't hear so well that I have become somewhat reclusive. I will say that I believe the Lord has blessed me. Even though I don't understand everything, I have been able to understand when I need to, or someone has been there to tell me what a person says. I consider that an answer to my prayers and I am grateful.


Tina eating a banana for that we picked from a banana tree next to our house.
It was very bitter so I assume not ripe

I guess I will be the new Branch President of the Castries Branch. Elder Hall and myself worked on getting that set up today. We also got me a local phone number that will make it easier for the local people to call me. We have been out and about learning where things are in the area. And I drove for the first time today.

About driving, the roads are very narrow and people go even if a car is coming. It is very stressful to drive. You have to constantly be watching what is going on and what all the other drivers are doing. If you see someone flash their lights, that most likely means that they are going to stop and let someone on a side road in so you need to stop also. Elder Hall is always reminding me to slow down. It is hard because everyone else around me is driving much faster than me. Anyway we have already had a couple of close calls. One was not my fault, but it was a close call, I had to swerve off the road and hit a curb. Of course Elder Hall reminded me that I need to slow down. I pray very hard to Heavenly Father to protect us while we drive.

I got a new local phone number today also. My number is 857-520-5442.

I was exhausted by the end of the day today. We are getting a firehose full of information that I know will be difficult to remember until I get doing it on my own. Trying to remember everything is going to take some time. To be honest, I feel overwhelmed. Very overwhelmed. Again, I have been pleading with Heavenly Father for peach in my heart. I hope it comes.

Tina is still battling her cold. It is down in her chest now and she has a really bad cough. She always has a cough for a long time when she has a cold. I told her to go to the doctor and get some antibiotics but she hasn't. She just hacks away.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025