Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Wednesday, April 3, 2024

  • Finding where everything is
  • Bought a purse/pouch
  • Met Angie
  • Shopping a Costco (almost)
  • More training
  • Self Reliance Graduation at the Church
Today we did a little town tour to know where all the facilities we need to go to are at. It was a good thing to do since we will need to know where places are. 

One of the things I bought today was a man purse that goes over my shoulder. Elder Hall said that is the best way to carry things. The one I got is ok, and I am trying to get used to carrying it around. 

We met a ward member named Angie, actually that is not her real name, but that is what she goes by. She was going to do the shopping for a Self Reliance graduation they are having at the church tonight for those who completed the course. 

We went to a Costco like store to buy supplies for the church building, things like toilet paper, paper towels and cups. They run it a little like a Costco, but it certainly wasn't as busy as a real Costco.

We did more training on our responsibilities this afternoon. It was pretty much more information overload. The Halls are very patient and helpful. We really enjoy them.

This evening was the graduation and it was very nice. It was all sisters who graduated. They really made a big deal out of it and I think the Sisters in the class felt like they had really accomplished something special. After we had treats (that we bought earlier and got to meet a bunch of the Branch members. I would give the names of the people who received awards if I knew them.

The picture of the car was one that I sent to my brother Bevin. He has the same vehicle, but not lifted like this one is. It is a Suzuki Sidekick

Self Reliance Graduation

Bevin has one of these



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025