Friday, May 17, 2024
Friday, May 17, 2024
- Shopping and funny experience with a working at the hardware store
- Sam graduated from University of Utah medical school today, watched live stream
- Met the internet guy at church. Invited him and his co-worker to church
- Darren Barbe at the hospital and a crazy experience there
- Picked up Lyres and investigator in the rain
- Youth Seminary
Today we mostly got ready for the trip to Vieux Fort tomorrow with the youth to get their yellow fever shots for the FSY event in August. We bought stuff to make sandwiches.
I did go down to Johnson's Hardware (no relation :-)) to see if they had a pipe to make a pole that would reach from the floor to the ceiling in her bathroom. I think that might be the best route to go. The way the bathroom is situated the toilet is right next to the bathtub so she could hold onto the pole when getting out of the bathtub or getting up from the toilet.
I had a funny experience at the hardware store. When I walk in I was greeted by a friendly lady and she ask me if I needed something. After I told her I was after a piece of pipe and explained what I needed it for she was very helpful. I had my white shirt and a tie on. She told me that when I walked in she thought I was her boss. We laughed about that, but when I was done looking at what I thought I needed she told me to check at Sun-Bilt because it might be cheaper. I thanked her for the tip, but as I was walking out the door, I called back to her and said "you are lucky I was not your boss or you would be in trouble". She busted out laughing hard and then said "Oh, I'm not afraid".
We were in a bit of a hurry to finish the shopping, because Sam's graduation at the University of Utah Medical School program was today at 12 noon our time and 10 am his. He sent us a link to watch it over the internet. That was nice, because once Sam was done getting his graduation stuff we could leave, where as if we were actually there we couldn't. Here is a print screen off my computer of him receiving his sash or what ever they call it from the live broadcast.
![]() |
| Sam receiving his graduation sash from the University of Utah Friday, May 17, 2024 |
I had to go down to the church to meet the internet guy. Our internet has been pretty intermittent. Of course it was working perfectly today and he could not find any problems. He was a nice guy and was telling me about his kids. I invited him to bring his children to church on Sunday. He didn't commit and if he is like the others we invite, probably won't show, but you never know. He had another guy with him that said to me "what time is mass", I told him our sacrament meeting was on Sunday at 10 am and he was welcome to come also. They kind of laughed, but again you never know.
We had an appointment to go visit Darren Barbe after 5 pm when visiting hours start. He had some concerns about going to live with his mother and we let him tell us all about them. Some might be legitimate concerns, but we reminded him he didn't have anywhere else to go. We talked about trusting in the Lord and as he did things will work out. We left with a prayer and a blessing for him in the prayer that everything would be all right. He as as happy as I think a person could be being in the hospital. It is a pretty sad place. I think the people that work there try hard and are probably over worked.
While we were in there talking to Darren we could here this screaming down the hall. It went on for some time. In fact we delayed our leaving because it sounded pretty serious. Someone was screaming at the top of their lungs and you could tell there was a serious scuffle going on. Well, we finally decided we would go and they hall way we had to walk down went right by the room of the noise. We could see people coming out of the room with towels and rags, mostly women, holding their faces like they had been hit one looked like they had a cut lip and another was leaving holding her jaw. It must have been a real knock down drag out fight. When we went by the room there was probably 15 or 20 security people in there around his bed. From the yelling it sounded like a man, but there were so many people around the bed, we couldn't see the person.
As we left the hospital, we ran into Diann Davey who is a member and works at the front desk at the hospital. We visited with her for a minute and then left. It was raining when we come out. As we drove to the church we drove by Liris (not sure on spelling) She is an investigator that comes to church every week with her daughter, but does not think she needs to be baptized because she has already been baptized. It was raining and she was walking down the sidewalk. We pulled over and ask her if she needed a ride and she did. We took her to the church. Her daughter who is not a member was there for Seminary. They were also having Karaoke night and there were a few people there having fun.
I went in to the youth seminary class just to get to know the youth a little better. I have a real hard time understanding the youth. They talk fast and kind of mumble. The missionaries were teaching because Tasha was not feeling well. There were four youth there, don't ask me their names, the only boy Trent is not a member but comes every week.
That was about our day.

Comments
Post a Comment