Friday, May 3, 2024

Friday, May 3, 2024

  • Trying to register mission cars
  • Got my phone fixed
  • Lambert Marquis (Elders Quorum President) and I visit Darren Darbe
  • We visit Sharon Alleyne about hand rails
  • Interview Jarvis Jn Paul for baptism (8 year old)
  • Interview Sharmario Jn Paul a Priest to baptize Jarvis

Today we did a bunch of running around. This morning we had to go to the tire shop (Rasco's) to pay for an inspection on the Elders car. The Sisters car also needs the inspection so we can get them registered. They are a month over due. Unfortunately the sisters said they were busy so they couldn't do it. We need them to get it done so we can get the registration on their car up to date.

After that we had to stop by the phone company as my phone did not autopay and so I had no phone coverage. For some reason the app would not allow us to use our credit card. So we went in and used the same credit card and paid at the store and it worked. Go figure.

We went shopping for food while we were there. The phone company is in the same building as the groceries store.

We got home and I called Lambert Marquis who is our Elders quorum president and we went and visited Darren Darbe who is in the hospital waiting for surgery. I found out that it only cost about $300 dollars to pay for the screws he needed for the surgery. I decided to pay that and then it is up to him if he is going to pay the rest. He has no money so I'm not sure what he is going to do. I feel bad and as a church we have done a lot for him. We'll see what happens. At least now he can have the surgery.

After visiting Darren we drove out to Sharon Alleyne's home to look at her bathroom to see if we could install a rail. She is weak in the knee's and has fell a few time getting out of the tub and her knee's give out on her. She has hit her head on the toilet at least once. We came up with a plan and Lambert is going to look into what is available.

Once we were done there I took Lambert home which is some distance then stopped by Yohan's to go pick up a couple of bags of cement. Turns out no one had any. So we weren't able to get it.

I took Yohan home and I came home. We had dinner then went to the church. I had two interviews to do. One with Jarvis Jn Paul who just turned 8 and will be baptized tomorrow. I was also meeting with his cousin Shamario Jn Paul who just moved to live with the Jn Paul's. I called his former Branch President to see if he was worthy to baptize Jarvis. We had a good visit and he is very excited to to baptized Jarvis.

It was game and Karaoke night. I have to say they really like this night, but some of the singers are questionable. But they have fun. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025