Monday, May 13, 2024

Monday, May 13, 2024



Today was one of those days that we never really got going and what we did do didn't have much impact on any type of progress in the work. I had a meeting at 10 to go over some church program with self reliance. After we were done, we decided that this should probably be done at the district level and not at the branch level. So I think it was probably a waste of time, but at least I understand it. Anyway if we start a self reliance class I will contact the district.

Tina and I spent the morning trying to get a focus on a couple of things, people and programs that will help the people. To be truthful, Tina and I are almost complete opposites in many things, but we make it work. Sometimes it comes to a head a little bit. It was that kind of morning. We tried to work it out and we did some, but it is a little cold around the house so it is not completely resolved yet.

We finally got out of the house and went to see Rouchell, she is Darren's friend and we were told he was released to Rouchell's mother and was at her house. Sister Santos had sent me a food order for him. Well we found that it was not true, he is still in the hospital and will be going to a care center at some point. We have agreed to help out for 3 months. We also found out that his parents had come to the hospital to see him. We were told that he has no family here, but apparently that is not the case. I hope we can get with them and maybe they can take care of him.

Anyway we had a nice visit with Rouchell and she gave us some rolls from her store. Rouchell has had part of a leg removed from being a diabetic. She would like to get a protheses. They are expensive, but I know the church has some programs to help people like them get some type of leg piece.

After that visit we stopped at Brother Aarons home for a visit. He is a recent convert and an older man of about 76 or so. We had a nice visit and he told his conversion story. It started with a Book of Mormon that the missionaries had given him. He had it for a couple of years, and I don't remember how, but the missionaries found him again and he listened to their message, prayed about it, believed it and joined the church. He is a very nice man. His wife is a member of another church and I guess is not interested, but is supportive of him joining some church. He said she has come once in a while just to help him. His eye sight is getting weak. 

We came home and ate and just hung out at home for a while.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025