Monday, May 27, 2024
Monday, May 27, 2024
- Companion study Alma 26:15-22
- Stress might be related to health
- Spent the morning with Lambert
- Sister Missionaries came to shower and wash their clothes
- Checking for new Sisters apartment
This morning Tina and I had companion study and she read to me Alma 26:15-22 and replaced my name with Alma's. She said I should trust in the Lord more and allow his blessings to be felt and not worry so much about what needs to be done here. It was a good thought and as hard as I try, I am feel so out of my element trying to get the members to be more committed to the gospel, especially the men. I think about it night and day.
I think it might be the cause of some of my health issues. Like today I didn't eat anything unusual or anything from the streets and my stomach has been churning all day for no apparent reason. I will just keep pressing forward, because that is all I know how to do.
I called Lambert this morning and wanted to meet with him about some things. Maybe he called me. Anyway we got together and went up to look over Darren's place. We have organized a service project this Saturday to clean up his place. We went up to see him and he has been working on it since I mentioned it to him. It looks much better, but still could use some work. We made some plans then we left. I took Lambert to his daughters home who actually lives pretty close to Darren.
After dropping Lambert off I went home and the sisters were there taking a bath because their water has been shut off for over a week. We have talked about getting a new place for them as this one has some problems, water always being off is one of them. Bugs are also a problem, but there has been a bug man there to spray and is coming back this Wednesday to spray again.
We had lunch with the sister's (Stephenson and Stone) They finally left and I worked on some stuff and took a nap.
This evening we rode up the road a bit to check out a apartment that might be a good place for the sister to move to. It is right by a school and doesn't look to bad, but has a terrible entry way. We are going inside it tomorrow.
This evening Tina wanted to watch a movie, but ended up turning it off as it was not a good missionary approved movie. The sisters stopped back by to pick up some clothes and to tell us that the water at their house had come back on. Someone had told us that it was off until September. That is a long time. We'll see how long it stays on.
Sister Stephenson is ready for a transfer, this is the only place she has been and says it has been a challenge. When they are out walking, she said men make comments about her, grab her and some have tried to kiss her. She is tough though and has done pretty good. The mostly teach over the phone now. She is quite pretty and I'm sure unintentionally attracts attention.

Comments
Post a Comment