Monday, May 6 2024

Monday, May 6 2024

  • Daily Exercise schedule
  • Marigot Beach for an afternoon

Here is how a typical morning goes for us. First, we get up and do our exercising, for Tina that consist of going out to the pool and she has a bunch of water aerobics she does for about 30 or 40 minutes. I get up and do as many push-ups as I can do at one time. Usually around 30 and do at least 2 sets. My goal is to do at least 100 push-ups a day. Once I do the push ups I then do some arm bends between two chairs, I have a tree outside that works perfectly for pull-ups. The first time I do them I usually do as many as I can. 10-15 right now. I do a second round of 10 and sometimes a 3rd round of 10. We have some stairs that go up to our apartment, probably 12-14 steps with a landing after the first 5. I run up them as fast as I can 10 times and do either 1 or two sets depending how much energy I have. They get me pretty winded. After that I jump into the pool to cool off. Oh I do tread water for a minute or longer and then go and take a shower. I'm pretty wiped out after the workout so I lay on the bed under the fan for about 5 minutes. 

Following our exercises we then then have personal scripture study time and following that usually eat breakfast. We then have companion study. We then do our planning and calendaring for the day and see what goals we set for the week and see if we are on schedule.

This morning after all that we spent the morning doing mission paperwork stuff that we needed to get done. We had planned to go to the beach today and do some snorkeling, we got away later than expected, but we finally got out the door about 1pm.

We went to the beach we had found the other day when we went and visited the Fontellio's. It is a nice beach, you have to take a boat to get to it. You have to give them $5 EC dollars apiece to get across and another $5 EC dollars to get back. That is about $4 US dollars apiece for a round trip. We did save $5 apiece by going to a restaurant. They have their own boats and if you eat at their place the ride is free. We ate at the Man Grove restaurant which was recommended by everyone that worked there as the best. Well, our taste must be different, it was ok, They said it was the most authentic island food. Their in lies the problem. We might have liked one of the others better because they catered more to the tourist. It did have a nice setting though.

I took the GoPro that Tanner gave me to take some video underwater. There weren't a ton of fish, but it was fun and a few were quite colorful. Over all it was a very nice afternoon.

We took a half day and went to the beach. IT WAS VERY NICE!!!

Ah man, the boat ran over the dog
We though the sunset was going to be amazing, but clouds covered it up. This is taken from the water edge restaurant we ate at
Another shot from the restaurant. Some of the old boats there



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025