Saturday May 18, 2024
Saturday May 18, 2024
- Youth to Vieux Fort for yellow fever shot
- Sasha Alexander rode with us
- Sister missionaries water is off and they are showering at our apartment
- Night swimming in the ocean.
Today we spent the day in Vieux Fort at a health clinic. We took all the youth that want to go to FSY in August. They are required to get their yellow fever shot to attend. We took 14 youth and young adults that are going as leaders. One non-member girl named Sadie refused to get the shot. She got in there and cowered out. They tried to talk her into it for a long time, but she wouldn't budge. I guess she won't be going. We thought we would be home by 1pm, but because it was Saturday they only had one nurse and it took for eeeeeevvvver. We finally got done about 3 and even though it is about 30 miles, it takes 1 1/2 hours to get there because of the windy roads. The youth were all good though and I think they just enjoy being together. They sure love their phones though.
![]() |
| Youth wait for yellow fever shot |
![]() |
| The lawn mowers |
One of the young women Sasha Alexander road down with us, she is a recent convert with her family the Fontellio's and is very friendly. On the way back her sister Jada came back with us. She was very quiet. When we got back to the Cul De Sac round about we waited for the van that went and we picked up Tadisha Cox because she lived in the same direction as the Fontellio sisters and took them all home.
The sisters missionaries came over to our place to shower because the water will be off at their place for 9 days. We have made arrangement for them to come to our house to shower. While they were doing that Tina and I went to Vigie beach by the airport and went for a night swim. I didn't say earlier that the clinic was roasting hot. So while we were waiting for the beach to cool off. It was nice, other than I was worried about Jaw's coming up on us, but I never heard the music so we were good.
We went back to the apartment and had ice cream with the sisters while they finished up their washing. After that they went back to their apartment and we went to bed. We did start a movie, but I fell asleep about 15 seconds after we started watching it. Tina said she stayed up and watched it.


Comments
Post a Comment