Saturday, May 4, 2024

Saturday, May 4, 2024

  • Jarvis Jn Pauls baptism in the ocean
  • Heckler at the baptism
  • Activity Days
  • Clean Church
  • Visit to Robert and Zaria Fontellio
  • Marigot Beach

Today we got up had breakfast. I am feeling better today. I got sick again with diarrhea on Thursday night. We ate at that roadside market and I guess it didn't sit to well with me. Tina and I shared a meal so she at what I did and she felt fine. Make's me mad. At any rate I made pancakes for breakfast this morning.

Yohan then called me and said he found a place close to our house that sold cement. So I went and picked it up for him.

We had a baptism at 10ish and things around here start when we get around to it. We try to start on time because if we don't they just come later. The baptism was really nice. It was pretty family oriented which is fine. We met at the church and after the talk on baptism we went to the ocean to do the baptism. It was really nice, but this girl (who I thought was a boy) drove her car right to where we were doing the baptism and got out and had a microphone hooked up to some big sound system in her car and started hecklings us and quoting all kinks of scripture from the old testament. Luckily it was a little windy so once they got out into the ocean they couldn't hear her. We finished the baptism and all left and the girl was still going on on her microphone. 

Shamario and Jarvis Jn Paul

Jarvis Jn Paul's Baptism in the Ocean

Jarvis Jn Paul's baptism. His mom Tasha was a witness and his sister Mia. Shamario Jn Paul did the baptizing

Heckler at the Baptism

We went back to the church and had a talk on the Holy Ghost and then Elder Morrill did the confirmation. After a few testimonies we ended the baptism and they started Primary activity days. Most of the people stayed and helped. They were making bracelets for the mothers for mothers day next Sunday. And they fed us lunch. Barbecued Chicken and noodles. It was pretty tasty. 

After all of that we cleaned the church so it will be ready for church tomorrow. 

We drove over to Yohan's house and took him his cement. They we went to Robert and Zaria's home. We had never been there and it was a long way out in the country. They live in a house they built themselves. It was nice. Robert wasn't there he was working. Zaria and her daughters were home. We had a nice visit. We would say they live in very humble circumstances, but they feel like they have a very nice house. I also spoke with Zaria about being a counselor in the Young Women's program. She was a little hesitant about that. Their family is fairly new in the church. I asked her to pray about it and speak with her husband Robert and see if they could make it work.

Sister Johnson and Zaria Fontellio

We took a side road back to a very nice Marigot bay. We are going to go back next week sometime and check it out.

Marigot Bay


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025