Sunday, May 12, 2024

Sunday, May 12, 2024

  • Mothers day
  • New missionaries
  • Noah Avril came to dinner
  • Kids called for mothers day

Today was Mothers Day. 

Church today was excellent. We had the two new missionaries who came in this weekend speak along with Sophie who is from England and has been here for quite some time and is leaving to go back to England. We will miss her, she was a great contributor to the branch and was in the primary.

Elder Sandberg who just came in last night spoke on Elder Hollands last conference talk. He did an excellent job for just being ask last night, but these missionaries are amazing and so confident. You would have thought he had been preparing for two weeks. He is from Utah

Sister Stone who came in on Friday and is companions with Sister Stevenson also spoke. When I asked her she said she gets anxiety and didn't want to speak first because of it. She said she probably wouldn't speak very long, and ended up being the longest speaker of the three and gave a very spiritual talk. She is from Jamaica. 

Our little primary sang a mothers day song and really belted it out. They were fun and really into it. After sacrament meeting the primary handed out gifts that they made last Saturday as part of their activity day. They made little bracelets and other things that they gave to each mother. 

After our block of meetings was over it is like chaos and 20 people want to talk to me about one thing or another. It gets a little crazy. I really want to just meet people and get to know them, but people want a lot of time. At any rate, I did speak with a few before they left.

Noah Avril and I took the tithing to the bank after and he was going to go home and I told him to just come to our house for dinner. We were only having leftovers and not a lot, but we blessed it and it was enough. We had ice cream for desert. I just bought it yesterday and the missionaries came over last night and then Noah today and it was gone. We then cooked some popcorn and played some games. Finally after about 4 hours I told him we would take him home, but I could tell he didn't want to leave. He really must be lonely if he wants to hang out with a couple of old boring people like us. We enjoyed him coming over. He is coming again next week.

Cade called to wish Tina a happy mothers day. He is doing good and his kids are busy.

Our emergency preparedness storage


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025