Sunday, May 19, 2024

Sunday, May 19, 2024

  • Sunday, prepare for the unexpected
  • Janal Felix a return missionary from Vieux Fort
  • BYU travel abroad group came to church
  • Taking Celina George home
  • Huge freighter in port 
  • Feeding the missionaries and Shomario Jn Paul
  • Sam called. They bought a new house in Ogden, Utah

Sundays are becoming a little less hectic. I am working very hard to have the entire program prepared, hymns, prayers, talks and announcements. 

It was all going pretty well last night, when Lambert, who was supposed to speak called to tell me his mother had a major stroke. He said he would try and be there, but might not. I planned on might not. I asked Elder Burnett one of the full time missionaries if he would be prepared to speak incase Lambert didn't make it. I thought everything was ready to go, but Yohan and his wife were speaking and when he got to church this morning he told me his wife was sick. Now I was short a speaker again. 

While I was standing in church a young man, well 29 I think he said, came up and spoke with me and said he was a return missionary from about 8 years ago, but had gone inactive. He said his family were all Seventh Day Advent and had all joined the church, but had since fallen away. He was the only one that stayed active and in the church. He said the others left the church, but he still believed it even though he had not been coming. I told him we might be short a speaker and ask if he would bear his testimony if the speaker did not show up. He said he would and gave a very good testimony. He is really from the Vieux Fort branch, but is living up here so I may request his records. I can see a use for him in our branch if he is serious about coming back. 

After he spoke we still had a little time so I asked the congregation if there was anyone that would like to bear their testimony we would invite them up. A couple of people came up and one, Johnathan Knight who also is a member and I'm not sure if he is a return missionary, but works in the travel industry so he has not been able to come to church to much because weekends are very busy, but he said he was going to try harder to get some Sundays off so he could attend church. 

We had a group of BYU students come to church today, they are doing a travel abroad program and and were on St Lucia for a couple of weeks. They are leaving Tuesday. We enjoy visitors, otherwise sometimes our attendance would be very low. 

After church, Yohan and I did the tithing. Noah called and said his water was off and he stunk and couldn't come to church. That always puts us in a bind. After we took Yohan home, because he misses the bus. We also took Celina George home. She lives past Yohan's house and up this dirt road. He has a real walk up some stairs to get to her house. Very steep. We took a picture and she did not want us to post it on social media, but I will post it here. She was upset, because they were supposed to build it closer to the bottom of the hill, but when she came to look at it they had built it way up the hill. I told her it will keep her in good shape. 

Sister George's home at at the top of the hill

There was a huge freighter in port today. The picture does not do it justice, this ship was massive. There were cars driving out of it. One guy told me it was hauling gas, but another guy said it was hauling car's from China. I just know it was huge.

Massive Freighter from China 

Close up of the freighter from China

We had the missionaries coming over for dinner, it was supposed to be Noah, Shomario Jn Paul and another boy Henry Joseph. But Henry had to work and Noah's water was off and he said he stunk and he couldn't come. So we invited the Full time missionaries. We had pork chops and all the trimmings. They must have liked it, because they ate everything. We played games the rest of the afternoon. We had desert and I told them they had to go home that I had other work to do.

My leg is looking very bad tonight, hope it is not infected.

Sam called tonight and visited, the kids never want to talk to me, they always just talk to Tina, occasionally I throw in a comment. They bought a new house in Ogden and it seems to be very nice. 

A flowering tree along the way that Tina really liked


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025