Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Tuesday, April 30, 2024

  • Our first zone Conference 
  • Darren Barbe in the hospital 
  • Noah Arvil being a missionary 

Today we had our first zone conference. Since we've been on the island. It was good and motivational. Tina and I were in charge of lunch for everyone. We made Chicken fajitas and we're up through the night trying to get The chicken cooked. We ended up buying way too much chicken. Although the missionaries ate everything else and a lot more of the chicken than I thought they would. I guess they liked it. We had Texas sheet cake and ice cream for dessert and they really like that. The conference took most of the day 

President Bickmore and the St. Lucia Zone

Sister Bickmore (right) and Sisters of the St. Lucia Zone

President Bickmore and the elders of the St Lucia Zone. 

After the conference we went to the hospital to visit a member. Darren Barbe. He fell a few days ago and broke his hip. He is in the hospital and not looking all that great. He is very, very skinny. I've since found out that he was probably drinking when he fell. He gave me a list of things that I guess he wants me to buy so they can do the surgery. I have been a little hesitant about helping on that I guess because he just seemed to expect me to pay for everything. We are trying to find out if he has family around that could help. 

Oh, why we were at the hospital waiting to get in to see Darren. I took Noah Avril with me to help give Darren a blessing. Why we were waiting we got talking to this female security guard and Noah started sharing the gospel with her. It was impressive before he was done he knew everything about her. I got her phone number. Ask her if the missionaries could come by and we went off to the side and had a prayer with her because she told us that she had just been diagnosed with breast cancer. I don't know if she was really interested or just being polite, but either way Noah got her number and we'll pass it on to the missionaries. So we'll see. 

Sunset on the ocean on the way home.
Sun setting on a good day


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025