Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Tuesday, May 28, 2024

  • Rough night
  • Took Darren Barbe water
  • DL meeting
  • Look at apartments with the sisters
  • A man named Treasure, going to run for President of United States some day

I was up a lot last night, not feeling real well. Didn't have the energy to get in to much exercise. Did do some scripture reading this morning. I also was thinking I need to send a message to a member of the Branch that used to be a real contributor, but made some choices that would not allow him to serve. He has not corrected the situation. I felt that I need to write him and encourage him to get his life in order so he could server again. As I was about to send it, he sent me a good morning wish to Tina and I. Our sends to each other were almost at the same time. I thought it was inspired that I decided to write him this morning and he thought to send me a good morning wish. We'll have to wait and see what happens. 

One of the man road side business

We went and saw Darren yesterday and I took some of his buckets to fill them with water for him. He has no running water or electricity at his container. He does have a propane stove that he can cook on. It is pretty nasty looking. I told him we were coming. I also told him that I had spoke with his mother, but had not told her where he lived. I just told him the good things we talked about. 

We had District Leader meeting with all the missionaries this morning and it was ok. I wonder if the missionaries are putting in the effort to get the baptism goals they have set. We gave them the phone number of a lady that stopped by the church the other day to see if we could help her with a job or food. She didn't ask for money, but would have taken it if we had offered. We shared the gospel with her and she seemed somewhat interested. Anyway she gave us her phone number and we passed it on to the missionaries. They said they called her and she said to come over anytime, but they said they haven't yet. The meeting just didn't have the feel that some of the other meetings have had.

After we took the sister missionaries to look at a couple of apartments that we found. One was ok and had an amazing view but to far away from where they mostly work. The second one we didn't go in, but showed them where it was. They were going to contact the person who was renting it and set up an appointment, but we didn't here back from them. We got home about 4:30. 

Oh we did stop at a restaurant and had lunch. We sat across from a guy who mom was from St Lucia, but he was born in the US. His mother died from something and he moved back to St. Lucia. He is 33 and he said he is moving back to New York and he wants to run for an office like mayor of New York. May some day president he said. He said his name is Treasure. We told him we would watch for him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025