Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Wednesday, May 1, 2024

  • Mom passed away on this day 2019
  • National holiday 
  • Visited Kevin Charles humble house 
  • Tina visited member Martha Melius for a pedicure 
  • Visited Feria Joseph feeling of peace

Today was a holiday for the country. I think they call it international Labor Day. Anyway, nothing was open today. 

We made plans to go visit a young man in our Branch. His name is Kevin Charles. We use Google maps to find people, but sometimes it's not very accurate here. Amazingly it was right on his house. Kevin lives in some very humble circumstances. He lives in a basement below his mother's house which in total is about 8x10 ft. I'm not sure if Kevin has some mental issues but he is a deep thinker and has some interesting ideas. I really wanted to go visit him to see if we could use him as a secretary to count attendance. I thought that might be a good calling for him. He gave us a letter to read when we got home. I read it and it made absolutely no sense whatsoever so I'm not sure whether he will be capable of taking role or not. We are really trying to encourage him to read the book of Mormon more and we spent most of our time reading things from it or talking about it. It was a good visit and I think he apprechad spoke with one of our sister members Martha Melius who does pedicures and massages and had set a appointment up with her just to get to know her better and of course to get her pedicure. 

We had a zoom literacy training program at noon with a sister Wade. It included Karen Kennedy who is our Branch literacy specialist. We got some good training on how the program is actually supposed to run.

After the meeting, Tina went over to get a pedicure from our sister in our branch. Her name is Martha Melius Tina wanted to get to know her better and get her pedicure. I guess they had a good visit and were real chatty when they were done. 

After Tina got back, actually I went and picked her up. We went over past Castries to visit another single sister that is very faithful coming to church but very quiet and we wanted to know more about her. Her name is Feria Joseph. She also lives in very humble circumstances. I do have to say that when we went in her home and we're visiting with her, there was physical feeling of warmth and peace in her house. I even commented to her that such was the case. She is quite shy and quiet but we had a good visit and left a blessing on her home when we left. 

By this time it was getting late so we just came home for the evening. I have a lot on my plate and it feels overwhelming at times, in fact most of the time. I am working hard to try and get order to some of the things that we do in the branch. A lot of it comes back to me and I'm trying to change that and get members more involved. I am not a great delegator but I'm trying to learn fast because there is just too much to be done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025