Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Wednesday, May 8, 2024


Today we sent our first missionary home after completing his two year mission. His name is Matthew Rainey. I think he has been a great missionary. They were serving down in Vieux Fort on the south end of the Island. We usually see them once a week at District Leader Meeting on Tuesdays. His companion Elder Sabin will be getting a new companion and his companion will be the Zone Leader on St. Lucia.

All the missionaries, except the sisters came to the airport to see Elder Rainey off. We took some pictures, said our good byes and then went our separate ways.

Elder Matthew Rainey and us at the St Lucia Castries Airport.

After sending Elder Rainey off we headed to Sister Jane Nurse's home to take her to the eye doctor. This is a follow-up from our last trip to the eye doctor only to find that the machine to check her eyes was broke. It wasn't as long this time, but did take a while. Sister Nurse's son Ashton Danial' is a security guard and today he was working at the Orange Grove plaza (I guess that is what they call it) which is where we went for the eye doctor appointment. He was working at an Art center right above us. Ashton want to show us the art gallery, so we said, "why not, we could use some culture in our lives". It was interesting, and we enjoyed the time with Ashton, his girlfriend and their baby. We are working on them getting married. He just got his divorce finaled last month so now they can get married. I also, got to spend some time and find out things about him. He told me that he was a counselor in the branch presidency and he really enjoyed it and missed it. Elder Hall released him when his girlfriend Crystal (I think) got pregnant. He was still married to his first wife, although trying to get a divorce. I spoke with someone else and they said he was awesome before this all happened. He was really involved in the branch. We need him back. Their son is 2 going on 3 and his name is Amoi.

Crystal, Amoi and Ashton 

Sister Jane Nurse and us

After we got done with the doctor visit and took them back home we went home for dinner and get ready to go to the church for the literacy classes. Sister Kennedy didn't show up, I guess she is out of the country. She didn't make any arrangements for the class. Tina teaches one of the groups and she did hers' but the other class just played games with the missionaries.

They also hold seminary at the church on Wednesdays, Sister Tasha teaches it, but no one showed up this week. I took the time to visit with her and get some information on endowed members in the Branch. If you need to know anything about anything in the branch, you go to Sister Tasha. We have a person in our ward in Hurricane that is like a super women in the ward Lorie Scholtzen. Well Tasha is that person in the Castries Branch.

It was a good day, I still am a little overwhelmed with the Fast Offering situation here and it takes much of my time. Believe me, I have put a lot of time and thought into it. It has affected me physically and my health problems are probably a lot related to this. I keep telling myself not to worry about it and sometimes I can, but sometimes it just wears on me. I am sure when I stand before the Lord he might be a little disappointed in me, that I didn't handle it very well. But we will keep plugging away and maybe over time we'll get better at how to help the people. They are all God's children, including me and I know he loves us.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025