Friday, June 21, 2024

Friday, June 21, 2024 - Cades 43rd birthday

  • Sister Merlika Papius and a priesthood fathers blessing
  • Brother Felix
  • Missionary transfers

Today we had visits set up with Merlika Papius and Kelvin John Felix today. We were going over to their area to help Yohan get some cement and to make the trip worthwhile we always try to set up visits. 

Merlika had a recent fall down some stairs. Fortunately she only fell one step or she could have really got hurt. Her chin was banged up pretty good. We had a good visit. Her daughter Tedisha was home from school for some reason. Anyway as we were leaving we always have a prayer and Merlika ask Tina to give it. She ask if there was anything she should pray about and one of them wanted a prayer to help Tedisha at school. As I was sitting there the thought came to me that maybe a fathers blessing would be appropriate. I asked her if she had ever had one and she said no. I explained what it was and told them that I would always give my children one at the beginning of the school year. She said she would like one so as I got ready to give it to her, she is only 13 mind you, I asked if there was anything in particular that she would like a blessing for. She told me she would like to be blessed to be more humble. I was a little taken back by this request and that someone so young would have a desire for the trait of humility. So I did bless her that she would seek out traits that would bring humility into her life. It was a very spiritual experience and emotional. I could feel the spirit very strong in their home. They are very humble people. It was an honor to be in their home and have the privilege to use my priesthood to bless one of our Father in Heaven's special daughters.

The stairs to Merlika's home. She fell at the top and luckily only fell one step 

After leaving Merlika's home we went to visit Brother Kelvin John Felix. He is the only High Priest in our branch and possibly the entire island. He is enjoyable to visit with. He was one of the first visits we did when the Hall's were here. He doesn't come to church because of health reasons, but we talked about maybe his son bring him once a month or so. He has a wife and a son and they are members, but neither are active. The Felix's have been through the temple. He was the branch president here also.

We had missionary transfers today. We had two missionaries leave, Elder Morrell and Sister Stone and three come in, Elder ???, Elder ??? and Sister Pakapu. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025