Friday, June 28, 2024

Friday, June 28, 2024

  • A day with Darren at the hospital, an almost all day event
  • Sister Caren Kennedy's mother passed away. Priesthood blessing 

Today was brutal. I got up early and went to Darren Barbe's place to take him to the doctor at the hospital. I got to his place at about 7 am. He was looking sharp in the clothes the young elders bought him at the Salvation Army. 

So here is how it played out. We got to the hospital at about 8:30 am. We went in and told them that we need to go to the outpatient part of the hospital for a doctor appointment. They said you have to go over to the payment place and get a ticket, which we did. The person then told us to sit down in the chairs right next to her booth. We sat there for about a half hour and they finally told us to go back to where we were supposed to go so we did. Darren is using a walker so he walks pretty slow. 

After getting there they told us to get in a line which we did. We were in that line for about 20 minutes or so and we finally got to the front. They kept calling people up that were behind us so I finally went up and ask about Darren. She checked her stack and found his files and then told us to go to the next open area and have a seat. It was pretty crowded but we finally found two seats. We sat there for about 30 or 40 minutes and they finally called Darren's name. We followed this nurse back to a room where she took his vitals. Then she told us to go our side and they had a row of chairs down a long hallway. They were all taken, but finally a young lady got up and gave Darren her chair. It looked like we were going to be there for a while. I told Darren I was going to go out and get some stuff done. He said that was fine and he would call me when he was going in. About an hour and a half later he called me and told me he had been in the doctors office and was now headed to the therapist. I asked him if I needed to come in and he said no. He said he would call me when he was done

While I was waiting I called my son Kameron to see what he was doing. It was early for him, they are 3 hours behind us. He was getting ready to go to work. He said our granddaughter, his daughter almost stepped on a rattle snake. She was standing about 6 inches away from it. I guess she spotted it and jumped back. They said it was very docile and wasn't aggressive at all. 

Darren finally called and said he would be done about 1 pm and to meet him back in the foyer where we started. I did and he was there waiting for me. He was all done. We headed home, he lives way up on the North end of the Island, past Rodney Bay in the Gros Islet area. Traffic was slow getting up there. I was hungry so I bought him a Double. I can't really explain what they are, but it is beans and some other stuff, maybe some chicken and sauce on some type of a flour looking tortilla. They are pretty good. I bought Darren one also.

I got him home and then went home myself. Got home about 3 pm. It was a long day.

We were sitting around this evening and Sister Caren Kennedy sent me a text saying that her mother just died. I texted her back and said we would be right over. When we got to her home a friend of her's was all ready there. Of course she was very upset. She was crying and it took some time for her to calm down. We tried to comfort her the best we could. She was very sad. She said her mother was her best friend. It is easy to understand why she was so sad, plus she lives on another island and she can't go to her. Our hearts were broken for her. She is a very strong member of the church and she is trying so hard to do what is right. She is one of the few that have gone to the temple in our branch. 

While we were there Sister DeBeauville showed up. She is one of the few members that have a car. She was a real comfort to Sister Kennedy. 

We visited for quite a while and before we left I offered her a priesthood blessing which she accepted. I hope it gave her some comfort in this time of loss. After we got done and were leaving we offered her her friend a ride down to the main road to catch a bus and then we went home. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025