Saturday, June 15, 2024
Saturday, June 15, 2024
- Baptism of Desmond Jules and Linda Joseph
- Pig snouts and pig tails
- Dead beat dads
- Dinner at Diann Davey's and her famous chicken feet dinner
- A dog's world
Today was a wonderful day. We had the first convert baptism since we been here. Linda Joseph and Desmond Jules. The sister taught Desmond and Elder Burnett and Sandburg taught Linda. We went and picked up Linda to bring her to the church. She owns a shop with the below advertisement on the front of her building. I wondered if it was really true that they eat pig snouts and tails. I asked a member about it. I was thinking it might be just something different that they call it that. She said no it is really snouts and tails and they are delicious. In fact she said she would make us some. Oh boy, I am really excited about that.
![]() |
| Can't wait to try some pig snouts and pig tails |
Anyway we got to the church and no one was there yet. We went in and got her ready for the baptism. Desmond got there a little later and we got him ready. The program was very good. Sister Selina George spoke on baptism. After her talk we drove over to Vigie beach and had the baptisms. It was perfect weather and no one was where were were. Our heckler didn't show up this time.
![]() |
| Left to right Sister Stephenson, Desmond Jules Sister Stone Yohan Pierre |
![]() |
| Elder Sandberg, Linda Joseph, Elder Burnett, Yohan Pierre |
![]() |
| The whole gang |
After the baptisms we went back to the church where Sister Mirla Santos gave a talk on the Holy Ghost and as the Relief Society president welcomed Linda into the and Lambert Marquis the elders quorum president welcomed welcomed Desmond.
After the baptism the church needed to be cleaned for tomorrow and it was the Relief Society's turn. Only Sister Santos showed up so we stayed and helped her. It took about an hour.
Tomorrow is father's day so we went to so we went to Mega J to see what they had that we could give to the fathers. We don't have many. We were standing there looking at the cakes and were talking about which one's to buy for fathers day and a lady heard us talking and she said I would give them anything, fathers are just a bunch of dead beats around here. She said no offence to you, speaking to me. I hate to agree with her, but it is the case in many cases. But we are going to celebrate them anyway.
This evening we had dinner at Diann Davey's house. The ol chicken foot dinner for the new missionaries. It was fun and I got a very funny picture of some dogs sleeping. The new missionaries were Elder Sandberg and Sister Stone. They were good sports and I think at most of the of the chicken foot.





Comments
Post a Comment