Sunday, June 23, 2024
Sunday, June 23, 2024
- Church worked out
- Called Martha Melius as a counselor in the primary
- Shomario Jn Paul to be a Sunday school teacher
- Sister Stephenson to the emergency room with kidney stones
Well today was as expected, Yohan did not get prayers. I am trying to be one step ahead of him and we called Sister Jane Nurse to be the Sacrament Meeting Prayer Coordinator. Not sure that is a real calling, but I wanted to give her something to do and that seemed to be something she could do. I gave her a list of people as possible people to ask.
Then Yohan didn't want to conduct, he said he was to nervous, so I said I would trade him for Fast Sunday. He really doesn't want to do Fast Sunday, so he ended up conducting. He does fine. I just keep telling him that no one knows what you are supposed to say so they don't know if you mess up or forget something.
As predicted we got done about 10 minutes early. That is ok, it gives us time to visit between sacrament meeting and our next class.
I did have the chance to visit with a few people. I try to catch them in the second hour because a bus comes and picks everyone up, so it is hard to meet with people after church. I visited with Matthew Melius about a calling we had for his wife Martha Melius. I wanted to know if he would support her in that calling. He said he would. I called her in and she accepted the call.
I also visited with Shomario Jn Paul about being a sunday school teacher for the youth. He said he would do that. I am also trying to get time to interview him for advancement in the priesthood and be made an Elder.
All in All it was a pretty good day.
In the evening we got a call from Sister Ellis the mission nurse saying Sister Stephenson was in great pain and maybe passing a kidney stone and we would need to take her to the doctor. We went and got her around 7 or 8 pm and took her to the hospital emergency center. They ran a bunch of test on her and we were there until 2 am. Tina went in with her and I stayed out in the "waiting room" if you would call it that, with Sister Takapu. We tried to sleep, but the seats were not to comfortable. We finally got home a little after 2:30 am. There was a tremendous rain storm while were were at the hospital and on our way home. We could hardly see to drive.
Comments
Post a Comment