Sunday, June 9, 2024

Sunday, June 9, 2024

  • Sunday stress
  • Temple recommend interviews 
  • Relief Society training 

I hope someday that Sunday becomes a day of rest and not a day of stress. I just have to keep reminding myself that I can only do what I can do, even though there is so much. Much of it is self inflicted because I sit on things to much trying to figure out the perfect way to accomplish it. The people need so much attention and it seems that  there are more that need attention than we have to give them the attention they need. Peace of heart is what I desire. We are reading about the beginning of Alma the Young's ministry and he had many many problems. I wonder how he kept going sometimes. In the first four chapters of Alma He had to deal with an antichrist, and two apostacies. I sure there were times he was discouraged.

I did have a little bit of a scare. Yohan was supposed to conduct today and he also lines up the bus to bring the members in from the south side. He said he couldn't get a hold of the bus driver. That had me worried because Johan is supposed to conduct and two of the speakers are from the south side. It ended up they showed up so all was good. 

I Temple recommend interviews for Kimberly and Henry who are going to fsy as leaders, but they are required to be temple worthy. They both passed. 

I found it interesting That these two young adults have a limited amount of knowledge about things such as the word atonement and what it means. And what was the restoration of the Gospel. It made for some good teaching moments which I hope they appreciated. 

We were at the church a little late today and Tina had the Relief Society, president and her counselor coming over for a zoom meeting with the district. They were making some weird spaghetti stuff to eat which Tina knew I wouldn't like. So she made me some fried potatoes and chicken. It is always an event to go pick up these people. The roads are narrow and windy and steep. You are always grateful when you make it without any problems. And we pray every time we go for protection. It wasn't too bad picking them up because it was still light but when we took them home it was dark but thankfully we made it without incident. And we didn't get lost. 

Sam called tonight. They are doing good. Actually really good. In spite of going to school full time. They are probably doing better now than Tina and I did through our whole married life. Financially that is. They applied for and received some very big grants that paid for all of their college. Plus a $1,500 lmonthly living expense. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025