Thursday, June 27, 2024

Thursday, June 27, 2024

  • Finding the DHL office. Jerk bus driver
  • Visiting Sister Linda Joseph. Got to see my first pig snout
  • Took clothes to Darren

This morning had some visits we wanted to make. We wanted to stop by Linda Joseph, who was just baptized and see how she was doing. There was a package at DHL that I needed to pick up in Castries so we thought we would make a loop.

We didn't know exactly where the DHL office was, but we found it on Google Maps and it took is right to it. That was a plus, sometimes it does not take us to the correct place. Anyway we got to their office and I let Tina out to go get the package. I made a loop around the block and she wasn't out yet, so I made another loop. On my second loop, I kind of pulled of the road around the corner from where she went and waited. For some reason a bus pulled up right behind me and started honking at me. I was out of the truck and walking to the corner to see if I could see Tina. He kept honking and so I walked back. He said I was blocking his way. Which I was not. He could have easily gone around me. I think he was just being a jerk and having fun with a white boy. Anyway, it worked out because I went around the block again and Tina was standing in a place totally off from where I was. So I was able to pick her up.

The old and the new

After getting the package, which was my personal church credit card. Now everything I pay for is on me and not Elder Hall. It was his church card I was using.

It is always tricky getting out of Castries the back way, but we wanted to go see Linda Joseph and we know there was a way, but finding it was no small task. I think we only had to turn around 3 times before we found her place. 

Anyway we found her place again. She was working, but there were no customers there. It is going to be interesting to see how she does in the church. She gave us a tour of her store and she has a bar with what look like slot machine's in them. Neither of those got to well with the church standards. Hopefully we can lovingly guide her in the right direction. 

Oh, she also showed us her pig snouts. Much different than what I thought they would be. It is a skinned piece of meat of the whole face of the pig, and the nose is there. She soaks it in a salt brine mix and sells them. I thought she cooked them, but she just sells the meat raw and whoever buys them cooks them. Anyway we had a nice visit and then left to go take the clothes that the missionaries bought Darren Barbe yesterday to him. Give him time to try them on before we go to the hospital tomorrow.

We got to Darren's and gave him the clothes. He really appreciated it. We went home and studied and read for the rest of the evening.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025