Thursday, June 6, 2024
Thursday, June 6, 2024
- My laptop fixed by a prayer
- Shopping for emergency supplies for the elders (Hurricane season has started)
- Tackling a church banking problem
Today was a bit of a slow day. My computer has had some problems and I have spent quite a bit of time working on it. I have run some virus scanning software, but I was having problems with that. I really need my laptop. It just keeps booting. Last night I pleaded with the Lord to fix what ever was wrong with it. I thought, well if it goes bad I will just use Tina's Chromebook, but when I log on to it it also shuts down. That is really weird, because when I set up her Chromebook I used my Google login to set it up. So I thought the problem was something to do with my Google login. The only problem with that theory is that I didn't log into Google and it still rebooted. I also prayed that if there was something I could do to fix it, that I would be guided to it. I thought it might be something to do with the disk drive. It is a SSD drive. So I did a scan to see if there was something wrong with it and it scanned fine. So I did a windows virus scan, and it kept rebooting. But each time I did the scan it would go a little farther. Finally I was able to do a full scan on the entire system. I did find 3 programs that were low threat, but I deleted them anyway. But when Windows runs it recreates them. It was still rebooting on occasions, In fact I had to leave before the final full scan was complete and when I got home it was in recovery mode, so I figured that it didn't fix the problem. I started it up again and did a quick scan and the same three files showed up. I deleted them again. So far I have not had any more problems. I'm not sure what exactly fixed it but I honestly believe it was an answer to a prayer. Either Heavenly Father repaired it or he inspired me to do what I did to find the problem. And he kept the computer running to complete the scan's. Before I couldn't hardly even start it and it would shut down or reboot. One of God's tender mercies.
We mostly did shopping today. We had to restock the elders emergency food supply. They only had enough for two elders and there are 4. We had to buy another set of goods for the other two elders. That took most of the morning into the afternoon.
I have had some major banking reconciliation problems that I have been trying to fix and spent the entire afternoon, a short nap, and then into the evening figuring it out. I finally found the problem. It was an airline ticket that I bought for a sister. Actually, the church bought half and Tina and I bought the other half. Some how I forgot to record the Church half of the purchase in the church banking system. To figure it all out it took several calls to the church.
![]() |
| Girls and a boy wearing their school uniforms |

Comments
Post a Comment