Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Tuesday, June 18, 2024

  • First mission hair cut
  • Visit Sister Jane
  • Vieux Fort Elders
  • Near miss accident

This morning we had District leaders meeting. It was good. Probably the biggest thing that happened was I got my hair cut by one of the Elders. Elder Douglas cut my hair. Did a pretty fine job of it. I didn't realize how long it had got in the back until Tina took a picture of it.

Before we started

I didn't realize it was so long in the back

Elder Douglas cutting my hair

All done and there is the pile

After the meeting we went to see Sister Jane Nurse. She has part of one of her legs cut off. She would like to open a store out of her house to make a little extra money. We need to do a little work to get it done. Sister Jane is 69 and can't work. She said they started a retirement plan in St Lucia about 2 years before she retired and it amounted to about $2000 EC. They just paid her out. That is her entire retirement. We help her out what we can. She lives with her son and he does take care of her.

After Sister Jane's house we went to the church and picked up the Vieux Fort Elders. They took their car into get an evaluation on it. The evaluation wasn't done so we took them home and fed them lunch. We made homemade pizza. It was really good.

I took them back to pick up their car. It apprised at about $35,000 EC. They went home to Vieux Fort and I went home. I almost got in a wreck, we were on the two lane road and a bus, suddenly pulled into a bus stop, but he was going so fast that he almost overshot it and was out in the road. This is the 4 lane road going to that starts next to Mega J. Anyway I didn't have time to stop and had to move over into the fast lane and there was another bus in that lane. We both squeezed pass the bus that didn't pull off the road far enough. I don't know how we didn't hit each other, but we did make it through.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025