Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Wednesday, June 26, 2024

  • Visited Juliana St. Louis who is a woman of faith
  • Did some exploring
  • Literacy class
  • Frustrated with the Sister missionaries

This morning we set up a visit with Juliana St. Louis. It took us a minute to find her house as usual, but we were close and she came out and waved us down. 

We had a very nice visit with her. She is a woman of faith. She has no doubt about the church being true. She is a single mother as are most mothers here and she has a son that lives with her. He works on cruse ships and is home for about three months and then on ships for 7 months. It is very interesting that so many boys of all ages still live with there mothers. I don't really know of any girls that do. I'm sure there are some, but I don't know of them.

After a very nice visit we left and went exploring in the area that she lives. We had never been in that area. We found another road that went to a beach and we followed it. We found a very nice small beach and as it turns out it is right next to Rodney Bay. We may have to come back there some time. 

This evening we went to the church for Literacy class. Not many people showed up. Caren Kennedy who normally teaches a class different than the one Tina teaches was not feeling well tonight and didn't show up. 

Samanthia George came and she has been ask to give a talk on Sunday. She cannot read very well so I am not sure how it is going to work out. We are praying that she will do well. 

I was a little upset with the missionaries tonight. Sister George asked the sisters if they would help her write her talk and they said they would, but then just went in with the other missionaries and played games. I came in and reminded them that Sister George needed help and so did Tina, but they just kept playing games. I guess I should have blew up and really got after them, but that is not me. I wanted to, but didn't. Anyway Tina helped her with it.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025