Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Wednesday, June 5, 2024

  • Zone conference
  • Meeting with Diann Davey - a woman of great faith

Today we had another Zone conference. President and Sister Bickmore did not attend in person. Sister Bickmore had some type of heart problem last week and she cannot fly. They joined us on video. I was in and out a lot as we had to go once again to the passport office. 


This evening I had a interview with Diann Davey. She has been a member since she was 16. She has a son in Jamaica that served a mission and has two other daughters. I think one is active and the other was and then went inactive. She told me her conversion story. And I have to confess that I don't understand all they say, but I have prayed and fasted that with my hearing problems I will be able to here what I need to to understand them. 

Somehow she got introduced to the missionaries against her will actually. I think a friend who wasn't really interested directed them to her. She wasn't happy about it, but was polite and listened. She told me that at that time she was totally illiterate and couldn't read. But when they gave her the Book of Mormon and asked her to read it she could read it perfectly. That surprised her. Then they told her she had to pray to know it was true and so she said she would not expecting to much. She said that when she finally did pray about it something came over her body that brought her to a feeling of complete peace. She knew it was true. She has been married and divorced. She said she is best friends with her ex-husband but they just can't live together. He is in Jamaica with her children. 

I wanted to talk to her about going to the temple and she would like to go, but she has a few things to work out. We went through the temple question and really focused on a plan with those she needed to work on. She did tell me she might be moving back to England so she can go to the temple and them maybe back to Jamaica to be with her children. I wish I could remember everything we talked about because my feeling of her is that she is a woman of great faith. She works at the hospital and they they say she brings a real calmness to her work. I would believe it. I know she is a very giving person. She is blessed because of her faith. 

I felt it was a good and spiritual visit. I really prayed for guidance before I met with her. I'll be meeting with her again in a couple of weeks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025