Friday, July 12, 2024
Friday, July 12, 2024
- Ride with Darren Barbe
- Went into one of the ditches, A little embarrassing
This morning after all our morning normal stuff, I headed off to Darren Barbe's place to take him out for a ride and to get him a cable for his phone. I picked him up and he continued to tell me how it was a great misunderstanding between him and Rochelle, and her mother who is really the one that takes care of Darren. She feeds him, and takes him water and drinks. Anyway, I am staying out of it.
We went to S&S, which I had already stopped by to make sure they had the cable and I got Darren and his walker in the store. We had to go upstairs on their escalator, it was a little tricky getting him on it as it was moving and with his leg it was hard to stand plus getting on moving stairs. I took his walker and he was able to make it on and off at the top without any bad events. We found the cord and then he said he needed a plug so we got that and then he said he needed a screen protector. I was getting a little irritated, but he has basically nothing so I guess I could spend $5 US dollars on him. We got the goods and then had to get back down the stairs, which went pretty uneventful as he didn't have to climb or put to much weight on his bad leg. I got him home and back in his container. I think he was appreciative for the getting out as he gave me a hug and thanked me for helping him out. Weather he is sincere or not is between him and our Father in Heaven.
Oh man, I had a near disaster on the way home. I got to far off the road and went into one of the ditches along the road. At first I tried to back out, but it wouldn't. It was on a bad and busy turn and everyone was honking, but what could I do. I put the truck in 4 wheel drive and tried to get out and couldn't. The back right tire was way up in the air. I ran back to the truck that was stuck behind me and ask them if they could stand on the back end of the truck and see if we could get the wheel on the ground. I got back in the truck and turned the wheel straight and was able to back out. I think what happened was that the front wheels were turned and it would not go into 4 wheel drive until the wheel was straightened out. So other than suffering a little embarrassment no damage was done to the truck. Just a little damage to my pride.
I never told Tina about it. Just might as well stay with me.
![]() |
| A big cargo ship came into dock. Compare the truck at the front of the ship |

Comments
Post a Comment