Monday, July 15, 2024
Monday, July 15, 2024
- Carnival officially starts today.
- Havianna denied to attend FSY. One last attempt with President Burnham the mission president
Because of Carnival we didn't go out today. We were told to just stay home. It gets a little boring sitting around all day. I did catch up on some things, including my journal. It is hard to keep up on it sometimes. Mostly because when we go to bed I am tired and don't feel like writing. I keep vowing I am going to do better.
It rained on and off all day. We did wash the truck. After washing it, I realized it was a filthy mess on the outside. Worse than I thought.
We found out that a girl that is not a member but planning to get baptized next week didn't get accepted to go to girls camp. We were heart broken. I have been devastated for her. We finally got a hold of someone that we thought would help us and it appeared that he did as he told us that her passport was accepted. Anyway I got a text from him today telling us that she was not accepted. That was super disappointing because we felt like this last contact had got her in. Turns out the Area authority had to approve it and I guess he didn't. I was sitting there pretty discouraged about the whole deal and then I got thinking that maybe our new mission president, President Burnham could help out. So I called him and told him the story again, about how hard she has worked to be able to go. He said he had just had dinner with the Area President last night and they were good friends and he felt like he could get her in. I haven't heard back from him so I don't know. Last I heard was this Area Authority said it was not going to happen.
So this is our last hope and if this does not work I guess Havianna will not be going. I am heart broken.
![]() |
| Supposedly this rock arch was in one of the Pirates of the Caribbean |

Comments
Post a Comment