Monday, July 22, 2024
Monday, July 22, 2024
- Zone Conference
- A Branch family night with President and sister Burnham, our new Mission president and his wife.
Today is our Zone conference and we get to meet our new Mission president president Kent Burnham and his wife, sister Burnham. As usual, we are in charge of the lunch and Tina decided to have Hawaiian haystack. We've been working on it for the last few days so it'd be ready. Normally our Zone conferences are on Tuesday or Thursday and we have a day to get it ready before the conference. But since it was on Monday most of our work was done on Saturday.
The burnhams are from Canada and seem to be a very gung-ho people. He snow skised, water, skis, bike rides, and any other outdoor events that require physical exercise. He is one of those crazy guys that go the top of some big mountain and then skis off the face of it when it's almost straight down. I seen a video of him water skiing and he's pretty good at that too.
After today and listen to him teach, I think he's going to make a very good Mission president. Also they have a lot of work to do and are very busy traveling from Island to Island.
He went through a scripture discussion That I really liked. It's quite in depth and I rode down off his scriptures and I'm sure I'm not going to remember all of his remarks. I wish I could have recorded it somehow. Anyway, I'm going to spend the next few days or week or so studying and trying to piece together what he taught us.
It seems like this Zone conference was a little longer than normal. We didn't get done till after 3:00.
I had several people that needed interviews from him for temple and Melchizedek priesthood advancements. He did one Temple interview but he was pretty wore out from the day and didn't do any more. We'll have to get with him another time to finish up. He can do them over video conference. Also. They are first time Temple recommends so they have to be done by him.
This evening we had a ranch family home evening at the church. So I never made it home. I was surprised at how many members came to it. The Burnham's spent the evening telling about themselves and then teaching a spiritual thought. It was really good. After that Tina had a game for everyone to play and we did that. Then had refreshments and Tasha brought hot dogs. The people that came ate everything we brought.
It was a pretty good day and fun to be with all the members.
Maybe a little more about the Burnham's. As I said they live in Canada. He was a lawyer and must have been a pretty good one. They live on a big lake and they can drive their boat right up to their house and he has a lift that lifts it out of the water. They only have two kids and his wife was 12 when he was on his mission so she must be quite a bit younger than him. She is really big into yoga and has taught it when she was back at home. He has been a state president and he said his steak was 4 hours across from one side to the other. He said sometimes he would be gone for 8 hours and do 40 Temple recommends on a Sunday. He appears to be one of those hyperactive people that always have to be doing something and make us lazy. People look bad haha.
Comments
Post a Comment