Monday, July 29, 2024

Monday, July 29, 2024

  • Bill day
  • Visited Aaron Holder
  • Check not cashing 
  • Dinner with the missionaries 

Today was our pay bills day. That took till about noon. We then had to go shopping because we have the missionaries coming over this evening for dinner. All eight of them. 

There is an older man who was recently baptized in our Branch named Aaron Holder. We haven't heard from him for a couple of weeks and have tried calling him with no luck. So on our way shopping we stopped in at his house. He was sitting on his front porch with not much on. He said he had just got out of the shower and was sitting on the porch while he was wet and it made him cooler. Anyway. He took a bad ball a couple weeks back and cracked his head pretty good and required stitches. His phone was broke so we couldn't get a hold of him. I probably missed it prompting to stop by and check on him one day as I was driving by the road to his house. I thought I should go up and check on him but I was in a hurry and just kept going. He let us know that Elder and sister Hall would have been up there checking on him right after it happened. We will have to do better. He is recovering now and looks like he's in pretty good shape. Well, I say in good shape loosely as he is quite overweight. He said his arm is still swollen from the fall and the gash over his head is getting better.

While we were out shopping I got a call from one of our bus drivers who bring our members to church and said the bank would not cash our check because my name was not on the list of acceptable signatures. This is strange because I have probably wrote over 100 checks since I've been here and they've all been cashed. So I'm not sure what's going on. I'll have to go down to the bank tomorrow. And that is going to be a process. The banks always have huge lines and they are very slow. 

I washed and cleaned out the truck today. It was pretty muddy from our trip with Peter and Samanthia last week. And we have to take it in to the auto body shop tomorrow to get all of the dents taken out of it. They are planning on selling it at some point and getting us a new vehicle. I would just prefer to keep this one since it's all dented up and it's almost impossible not to get a dent from somewhere. 

The missionaries came over about 6:30 and we had tacos soup. They ate two crock pots full. They can really devour the food. Elder Burnett, Elder Nehemia, and sister Stephenson who have been here since we have been here or all leaving. It will be sad to see them go. They are hard workers and have had a lot of success while they were here.

Back row from left to right: Elder Burnett, Elder Sandberg, Elder Madsen, Elder Helilike, Sister Stephenson, me. 

Front row: Elder Douglas, Elder Nehemia, Sister Takapu, Sister Johnson.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025