Saturday, July 27, 2024
Saturday, July 27, 2024
- thought I had audit.
- Donavan and I cleaned church
- Three baptisms - Lyris Davis, Havianna Davis and Samia Raphael
- Missionary transfers
This I got up and and went down to the church because we were supposed to have an audit at 9:00 a.m. when I got there I checked my messages and found out that the audit had been canceled because the brother who was flying in to do the audit could not get a flight because he was having problems with his credit card. So I came back home.
Just as I got home I got a call from Donovan Gustave and he was at the church and was wondering where everyone was to clean the church for tomorrow. I told him I would come back down and help him clean it. So I did. It took about an hour. I was talking to Lambert later and he said he got there about 11:00 a.m. and no one was there. He must have just missed us because that's when we left.
This afternoon at 3:00 p.m. We had another baptism for Lyrics Davis and her daughter Havianna Davis and Samia Raphael. I was asked to baptize Havianna. That would make it my second baptism in 2 weeks.
Where we go to the beach to normally do our baptism. There was a car park there with a man and a woman sitting in the back just enjoying the weather and the ocean. We kind of surrounded their car because that place where we baptized is good because the water drops off fairly quick so we don't have to go way out into the ocean. Anyway. They were good sports about it and even took pictures of all of us when we were done. I was told that the girl said to the missionaries that she wanted to be baptized also. I'm not sure if she was serious or not but I did see the missionaries talking to her so I'm not sure if they got her information or not.
We came home after the baptism and kind of lounged around. The missionary transfers were being called out tonight and they always come to our place to get the calls. We usually make some sort of treat for them. We kind of suspected who might get transferred this time. Elder Burnett, sister Stephenson and Elder Nehemia are all being transferred out. They have all been here for at least 4 months or longer.
This is kind of a changing of the guard has now. All of the missionaries here have come since we have been here.
Comments
Post a Comment