Sunday, July 14, 2024
Sunday, July 14, 2024
- Church was good, Tina spoke
- No water at church
- Carnival getting started
- Sister Stephenson in the hospital again
Today was somewhat rainy and was wet going to church.
We got to the church building and the water was off. We thought we might have to send everyone home after Sacrament meeting, but the water came back on, so we had our normal meetings. Tina gave a very good talk on Prayer, And Merlika Papius also spoke on prayer. Janal Felix was our concluding speaker and he read a conference talk that I referenced him to as material to use for his talk. I didn't mean for him to read the entire talk. It worked out ok though, because he told some personal experiences at the end which were good.
Yohan helped me do the tithing and then I gave him and his wife a ride home. Things are starting to get blocked off for Carnival so it was a little tricky getting through town. I was actually more worried about coming back, that traffic would be really backed up. Ended up that I followed a route that Yohan suggested and I went through without to much problem.
Sister Stephenson is having pains again and Tina had to take her to the hospital right after church. They got home about 6pm. I had fixed hamburgers and French fries and jello for dinner. I made extra fries and two extra hamburgers as I figured the sister would be coming to our house to eat, and they did. Sister Stephenson does have more kidney stones that are causing her the pain. It took about 6 hours to figure that out. They said they waited two hours for the person to come in to do the catscan.
Sam called tonight and we visited for about an hour. He is actually being a doctor now and he said it is a little nerve racking being on his own, but he likes it.
Comments
Post a Comment