Sunday, July 21, 2024

Sunday, July 21, 2024

  • Sunday anxiety
  • Interviewed Donavan Gustave for advancement in the priesthood 
  • Interviewed Diann Davey for her first time Temple recommend.
  • Power steering repair on Matthew and Martha's car.
  • Natalie got her slab poured for her house. 
  • Still a sliver of Hope for Havianna to go to FSY. She and her mom are getting baptized next Saturday.

Well my anxiety day is here. Sundays are always very stressful. But our heavenly father in his tender mercies gave me almost a perfect Sunday. The people that were supposed to give the prayers all showed up. The people that we're asked to give talks all showed up and gave excellent talks.

I was able to interview Donavan Gustave to receive the Melchizedek priesthood this morning before church. He seems to be very sincere and desires to have it. I don't know if I mentioned it last week but someone told me he was at the carnival drinking and smoking. Come to find out it was mistaken identity and was someone else. He was here waiting for us when we got to church this morning. I feel good about recommending him to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood. We had a very good and thorough discussion about it and really talked about the covenant to make to receive it. He wants to move forward. He also told me that he went out with the missionaries yesterday.

Church was really good today. Elder Burnett spoke on the restoration. Juliana spoke on faith in Christ and Jonathan Knight both gone overcoming trials through Jesus Christ. 

I also interviewed Diann Davey for her first time tempo recommend. She is very excited about the opportunities to go to the temple. It has been a long time coming. She said that she has been close to going several times but never made it. She is not going to go with our regular group to the the temple but is taking a vacation to England and will be going there. 

After church we were getting ready to leave and when I went outside Matthew was working on his car. Come to find out it blew a power steering hose out. He went and found one but it did not work. I told him I would take him to another place that he wanted to go to, a friend of his that might have one. Not work. As we were sitting there. I got thinking that he had told me he had a broke down car at his house. I said I wonder if the hose on that car would fit his car here. He thought that was a good idea to go check. So we took our wives home and went and look for a hose at his house. We actually found one that was the exact right size for his car. I don't know where it was. I think in the back of his broke down car. Anyway, we went back to the church and took us about 20 minutes but we got the hose on and it worked. They were very grateful, Matthew and his wife Martha or the help we gave them. Matthew was telling me that it was inspiration that we thought to go back to his house and check his broke down car. I kind of think it was to. It just came to my head out of nowhere and it turned out the correct hose was there. One of Heavenly fathers tender Mercies.

This evening after dinner we called our daughter Natalie to see how they were doing. We talked to all their kids and they all reported on what they've been up to this summer. They just got back from a week-long camp out as a family. Everything they do involves some type of work though. That's just how they are. They said they got a couple of loads of logs for their sawmill. They also got their slab poured for their house and it turned out really nice. They have a YouTube channel called a boulder life off grid. They pushed them out every Sunday morning and they have quite a following that. Can't wait till they post one. 

Sam also called and he and Lettie built a tree house this week and they were showing It to us through video. It was pretty fancy and they were pretty excited about it.

We have had maybe another little miracle happen with the young lady that has not been able to get them to the fsy activity in August. One of the girls backed out from here and there's a possibility that we might be able to convert her ticket over to Havianna. We have been making phone calls and it appears that it is a possibility but we need to get a hold of the corporate person from the church. I guess who set up all the plane tickets. I had kind of all but give up because there was nothing going on that looked like was going to allow her to go. This is probably our last avenue. We are hoping and praying. By the way, she is planning on getting baptized with her mother next Saturday and has asked me to baptize her. That would be 2 in 2 weeks. Pretty exciting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025