Thursday, July 18, 2024

Thursday, July 18, 2024

  • Mission devotional
  • Sister Jane's help
  • Visit Darren (interesting visit) and Rouchell
  • Funny run in with a black man with white hair
  • Helping Yohan and Sharlyne at doctor appointment

This morning we had a mission devotional with President and Sister Burnham. It was ok. Geared more to the younger missionaries. None of the video's they had prepared worked so I would image that it through them off a bit. The video's were going to be the talking points.

After the devotional we went to the store to pay some bills for Sister Jane Nurse. They have been struggling a bit. Ashton works as a security guard and works long hours and 6 days a week. Our visit yesterday with her was special. She is trying very hard. She called me today and left a message thanking me for the food order. What do you do when they have no food in the house. She also wore out her shoes and since she only needs one, once the one on her good foot wears out she tries to wear the other shoe, but of course it hurts her foot. Anyway we tried to find some shoes, but didn't. 

After we went up to Darren's Barbe to see how he was doing and to talk to him about some rumors that are going around about him. When I went into his container, it smelled like he was smoking, but I didn't see any cigarettes'. I sometimes wonder if he hears or see's me coming and hurry and hides them. It smelled pretty fresh, but he denied that he was smoking and said the smoke smell was from a friend that was just there. 

Anyway I had other things to discuss with him and he said that he had no problem with what we talked about. A guy stopped by while I was there. He looked like a pretty scruffy guy that was not to well educated. Darren said it was his friend. Anyway he didn't give me a real great feeling. He was friendly enough, but something didn't seem right. 

Anyway after he left we had a gospel discussion about a article I had read this morning about primary questions and secondary questions. Anyway, it was good. I am not sure about Darren, he always tells me he just finished reading his book of Mormon when I come. One of these times I need to quiz him about what he was reading. Someone gave him $10 EC and he bought a little food and top off his phone so he could make a couple of calls. Anyway the same friend that stopped by earlier came back by. After he left a lady named Susan stopped by and brought him a Roti. He already had some type of drink that someone gave him. So it looks like there are a lot of people watching over him. He did tell me he has fathered two children, on a daughter and after the mother got pregnant she left him. He has no idea where his daughter is and the mother has died. He then fathered a son with another woman and that son died sometime after he was born. I don't remember how long he said he lived. Crazy stuff that goes on here. 

Tina went across the street and visited with Rochelle while I visited with Darren. They were having a good ol time. I think Rochelle get's lonely. Every time I have been there the crowd that hang's around there is pretty rough looking. She is tough and handles them though. 

One day we were there a guy came in and bought some rum and coke. After he used all his money on that he came back and told Rochelle that he was hungry and needed her to give him some food. She got all over him and said you should have bought food instead of Rum and she wasn't going to give him anything.

After we left Rochelle's we were driving back toward home and called Jean Williams, but she didn't answer. We then called Aaron and older, but recent convert. We wanted to stop in and visit with them to see how they were doing. Neither answered their phone.

We stopped at the store to pick up some things. Tina needed to go into S&S to get some things for the party we are having on Monday with the Mission President. While I was waiting there was an old white haired man sitting in his truck. The black people look different when they have white instead of black hair. Anyway we were both waiting for our wives to come out. I hate going into that store so I usually stay in the truck. Anyway he was sitting in his truck and I rolled down my window and hollered at him. Then I said, I'll bet you are waiting for your wife, he gave me that look and said yes. I said me too. We both laughed about it. Anyway were were both there for some time and as timing would have it, his wife and my wife both came out at the same time. We looked at each other and started laughing.

We were getting ready to head home and Yohan called and said Sharlyne was at the Polyclinic with something wrong with her foot. I told him that I would come and check on them when they were done. Well I forgot how long it takes in those clinics. We finally stopped and got Tina something to eat and then drove up toward Pidgeon Island and parked under a tree for about two hours until they finally called and said they were done. We went and picked them up and took them home. It pretty much shot our afternoon and evening. We didn't get home until 6pm.

So that was our day.

Another Car wash. They are everywhere



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025