Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Tuesday, July 16, 2024

  • Conversation with the pool cleaner
  • Julianna St Louis speaking in church.

Another slow day, the last day of Carnival. We did finally go out, but it was a little weird feeling and we decided to go back home. 

I had a couple of interesting things happen today.

I did get the truck fully cleaned today. Vacuumed and freshened up. It had a bad smell from some food that had spilled and I have been trying to get that smell out for a month. I really worked on it today since I had time to do it.

While I was cleaning the truck the pool cleaner was here and he and I got into a good conversation. He is a religious man and was quoting scripture to me and everything. I don't think he was a pastor, but he must have been something that required him to know the old and new testament because he could quote many scriptures. He seems to be a family man which is unusual here. He has 3 daughters and 1 son. He is older over 60 he told me and started his family later in life when he felt he was more ready. His oldest is 14 and his youngest is 3 or 4. He cleans pools and is a plumber and kind of an all around handy man if he needs to be. We talked about religion and he also brought up how the younger generation is going to pot. So I guess they worry about the same things here that we worry about back home. It was a nice visit. I am going to give him a Book of Mormon next time I run into him.

The other thing that happened was I asked Julianna St Louis to speak in church a while back, but had not spoke with her lately to see if she still planned on speaking. I had not gave her a topic  yet and I was telling her that I was going to ask her to speak on having Faith in Christ. So I called her and reminded her that I had ask her to speak. She had remembered. So I ask her if she needed a topic or did she want me to give her one. She said she had one. I asked her what it was and she said she is going to speak on having Faith in Jesus Christ. I told her that was exactly the subject I was going to ask her to speak on if she didn't have a subject. I thought that was pretty amazing, and so did she.

 We finally couldn't take sitting around any longer so so we went out for a drive. There were people everywhere and we didn't really feel comfortable being out so we came home. 

Tina wanted to watch a movie so we did. I fell asleep and woke up at the very end. Just in time to go to sleep as we watched it on my laptop in bed. Laying down is never good when watching a movie. I always fall asleep. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025