Tuesday, July 23, 2024
Tuesday, July 23, 2024
- Basketball this morning with the young missionaries
- Got run off the road by a crazy driver
- Working with the church's finance system
- Out with some of our neighbors tonight
The young missionaries called me this morning and asked me if I wanted to come play basketball with them. I guess they had an odd number cuz one of the missionaries does not like to play. I told them that I would. They told me they were playing at a new place up by Rodney Bay. I found it on Google maps but wasn't sure if it was the right place. Elder Nehemia sent me a tracking of where he was at that I could follow. It showed him at one place and it wasn't moving so I assume that's where the court was. But that was different than what I found on Google maps. When I googled it. Anyway, when I got to where it showed he was that all of sudden jumped back to where I had been. It was a little annoying because I had to figure out a new road to get back to where they were at but I finally made it.
Oh, as I was driving I was on a narrow road and a guy come flying around a corner very fast and was coming right at me and there was nowhere to move because he was in the middle of the road which is barely wide enough for one car anyway and I had to go into the bushes to miss him. I was afraid I might have dented the car up because it was kind of a wall of bushes but after I got past him I got out and looked at it and other than a few Vines hanging off my mirror everything looked okay. The guy was driving way too fast.
It was fun playing basketball and I held my own. I was a little cold but eventually made a few shots. There's only two or three of them that are actual basketball players so it's pretty easy to get around the other ones and they usually foul a lot. But it was fun. My team one two and lost one.
After basketball I came home and showered and then spent the day catching up on recording checks and bills that I needed to enter into the system. It was a long frustrating day because the church 's system is not real intuitive and at times very frustrating when trying to find something. It took a few calls to tech support but I finally got everything caught up.
I found a new road to get down to Rodney Bay which is a little closer and you miss all of where the traffic backs up or at least most of it. I did go down because I wanted to get out of the house and get some money out of the bank to reimburse the sister missionaries for buying the cookies for the branch family home evening last night. Yeah it was pretty nice day today and a breeze most of it which makes it bearable. This evening. It got a little warm and I finally had to go put my swimming suit on and go swimming to cool off.
The neighbor lady down below was out spreading something around and I didn't know what it was but she said that she is afraid of frogs and it was something to keep them away. When I got over by the pool my other neighbor who are from Taiwan I think was out exercising and doing cartwheels.
Anyway, I jumped in the pool and cooled off and then came back in and cooked up some popcorn and I'm going to call it a day.
Comments
Post a Comment