Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Tuesday, July 30, 2024

  • Elder Nehemia to the Ferry
  • Trip to the bank for check signature problem
  • Elder Burnett to the Airport, plane delayed
  • Sam called 

Today we had missionaries being shipped out. This morning we got up at 5:00 to be at the boat ferry with Elder Nehemia. He is taking a boat to one of the islands north of us and then he will fly to his new destination. I can't remember exactly where it is exactly where he was going. This early morning pretty much wiped me out all day. I think I took a couple of naps. 

We going to cash trees this morning and go to the bank. One of the checks I wrote to our North bus driver, for some reason they would not cash it. They said the signatures were invalid. That is odd because I've gave him probably five checks since I've been here. Not to mention, probably about a hundred others for other things that I've made checks out for and we've never had a problem. Anyway, we went down to the bank to find out why my checks are all of a sudden not being able to be cashed. Actually my checks are getting cashed. It's just this one. At any rate. That person I am supposed to talk to is on vacation of course and won't be back till Friday. That is Mr. Andrew. I talked to him when I first got here with Elder Hall. 

After the bank we wandered around looking for Corey who said he is working with his niece at the market. At any rate we could not find him. 

After that we went over to the church for our district leaders meeting. 

We went home after that for a little bit and then had to come down to the airport to send Elder Burnett off. He is flying to Barbados and then I think to St. Vincent. Turns out his flight was way late so we had to stay there for quite some time. We finally left around 5:00 or 5:30 and he was supposed to be out of there by 4:30 to catch a connecting flight.

Side note on Elder Burnett. He got to Barbados and missed his next flight because he was so late. So they were waiting for him. They meeting the airline and they had provided a taxi and a hotel room for him to go to for the night. Well his phone had run out of battery and he couldn't contact anybody so he went to you the hotel with them. He charged his phone and then called the mission. They sent someone to get him and didn't let him stay in his free room for the night. We didn't know he missed his flight until our devotional the next morning and we seen him sitting next to the mission president. 

After we got him sent off we went home and just spent the rest of the evening there. Sam did call and we talked to him for a while. He is doing good and is busy with being a doctor.


This is a picture with a cool little camera that Elder Madsen has that he holds up in the air and it takes the picture down on everybody.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025