Wednesday, July 10, 2024
Wednesday, July 10, 2024
- Standing in line
- Interview Merlika Papius for a temple recommend
Today was a line day. Everywhere we went we had to stand in a line. We went into the heart of Castries. That is always an experience, especially when we are the only white people there. It has a ghetto feeling, but I don't think it is. It is just old and the streets are narrow and people walking and sitting everywhere. Anyway, it is safe, but I would probably not go down there at night. Anyway the reason we went down was to pick up a prescription for Merlika Papius. She is a convert to the church and was telling us a little about her life. Her mother had her, but was never married. The father is probably around, but not to involved in her life. Merlika also has a daughter, never been married just like her mother. I guess the father does help support her daughter. I know there are a few married people around, but it seems that is the exception rather than the rule. I think they just don't get married because if they do and it doesn't work out then it is a big hassle to get a divorce. So when you talk about eternal families they don't really get it because there is rarely both parents in a family.
After picking up the prescription we went to the bank to pick up some deposit bags for tithing deposits. All I can say is that trying to get into the bank to get something done, you better plan on an hour or so just to get in and then another hour or so to get your work that you came for done. It took us into the afternoon to get these two what I would call simple projects done.
After the bank we went to Merlika's to take her the prescriptions we picked up and then I interviewed her for a temple recommend for the October temple trip we have planned. It was a good interview and she is very eager to go. She is a very humble lady. I have found that when you ask them questions they answer, but if you ask them what the question means they don't know.
![]() |
| Big frog out tonight in our yard. |

Comments
Post a Comment