Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Wednesday, July 17, 2024

  • False accusation to Donavan Gustave
  • Temple recommend to Faria Joseph
  • Sister Jane Nurse, wants to pay for part of her temple trip
  • Meeting with Corey about his drinking

Today we had District leader meeting because of Carnival the past two day. It is nice that it is over. 

I was told by a member that one a couple of our members had been drinking at the Carnival. One of the members was Corey, our true and faithful member. He is our super missionary, Always at church and passes the sacrament every week. I was sad when I heard about it. 

Even worse was that I was told that Donavan Gustave was also seen drinking and smoking. That was very disappointing. I felt that he was doing so well. Anyway, when I woke up this morning I wrote him a scolding message. He called me almost right after and said he didn't even go to Carnival. Well he had deceived me before and so I did not know if I could believe him. Anyway I spoke with the person that told me he had seen him and come to find out it was a different Donavan. I now owe him a big apology. 

After district leaders meeting we went to Faria Joseph's home to interview her for her temple recommend. She doesn't show to much emotion, but I think she is excited about it. We had a good visit about it and she passed all the questions. She seems to be very devoted to the gospel. While we were there we met her mother. They look very much alike. Her mother's name is Leona. She was a little quiet also, but visited with us for a bit.

We left and called Jane Nurse to see if we could stop by and visit with her. She is the sister with part of her leg cut off. She is a very strong lady. She wants to go to the temple but she wants to be able to contribute. Right now she has nothing. She also had no food in her cupboards. I told her we would get her a food order right away. She has so much faith and is trying to do the right thing. She needs to buy a passport but has no money. She said that maybe she would try to go on the next temple trip when she can contribute. 

These people are very superstitious. She was telling us there is a lady in the neighborhood that is possessed with a devil. She said that she touched her arm and it swelled up. And she touched her food she was selling and it all rotted. She said she is possessed. 

After visiting with her I gave her a priesthood blessing as she was a little discouraged about life and her son Ashton. She said he is really down and discouraged. After the blessing we had a prayer and left a blessing on her home that it would be a place of peace and all who entered would feel it.

We came home and had dinner and then went to the church for literacy night. Only Cory showed up. Tina taught him. After she was done I called Corey in my office to talk about his drinking. We read the blessings of keeping the word of wisdom and he committed to me that he would stop tomorrow. Corey has a mind of a child and what I think about him is that if he is with bad people, they talk him into doing the wrong things. If he is with good people he he does good things. He want's to go to the temple, but because of his drinking I told him we would have to wait a bit. He was ok with that.  As I said, I am not sure he really understands the sin. He is a very kind hearted person and is concerned about everyone. He never misses a Sunday of church. He promised that tomorrow he would stop drinking.

Pseudosphinx Tetrio on the sidewalk at the church


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Sunday, June 22, 2025